Planet maemo: category "feed:0ffd60645267b49419c542bd55f461df"

peterleinchen

2014-07-22 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:13 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-07-22 at 20:00 UTC on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), (xes),
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Philippe Coval (RzR), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)

Absent: Niel Nielsen (nieldk)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • IRC cloaks
  • administration of IRC channels
  • certificates problem
  • HiFo / MC e.V. transfer
  • future of Harmattan
  • listing of resources

Topic (IRC cloaks):

  • As proposed last meeting by sixwheeledbeast the necessity and the basics (privacy) of cloaks on IRC was discussed briefly.
  • As no one claimed to need that, no decision was made. Possibly to decided next meeting.
  • Discussion faded smoothly to next topic...

Topic (administration of IRC channels):

  • DocScrutinizer05 claimed the non-existence of any administration rights for Maemo affiliated personnel.
  • The only person with IRC administrative rights seems to be Nokia/x-fade.
  • rZr is going to contact x-fade and convince him to add a member of current council to GC (GroupContact) or inform IRC admins to do so.

Topic (certificates problem):

  • chem|st stepped in and announced that all problems regarding certificates and also IRC administration will get solved as soon as the Maemo ownership/licensing is solved.
  • This is work to be done by HiFo (resp. MC e.V.), but community may help getting the website straight by editing the documents in this thread.

Topic (HiFo / MC e.V. transfer):

  • chem|st explained a bit about the current situation of HiFo (Woody is going to close the American HiFo bank account) and registering of MC e.V. (registration still needs to be confirmed by court).

Topic (future of Harmattan):

  • MeeGo/Harmattan is closed down by Nokia. But it is not clear where the rights for Meego/Maemo6/Harmattan are at the moment.
  • FOSS source DVD of Harmattan is available and may be hosted on maemo.org (but not to consider due to resource limiting on current infra).
  • Firmwares/flasher and so on (binary blobs) will most probably never be available like the ones from Maemo (due to binary blobs of 3rd parties).
  • Other resources in question are the SDK repo and some development stuff (scratchbox, VMs).

Topic (listing of resources):

  • It was clearly discussed that hosting of above mentioned resources will be against the law. But a named listing of those resources togther with a md5sum (better: sha1sum) will be okay.
  • So we ask community to step in and help listing those resources. Please see rZr's post or edit directly here.
  • A listing of files available on Nokia's NDS fire servers is also welcome but are to be seen as temporary solution, as those servers are foreseen to close down in near future (at least for our resources).

Action Items:
  • RzR trying to contact x-fade.
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-07-15 Meeting Minutes

2014-07-19 13:58 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Philippe Coval (rZr), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Paul Healy (sixwheeledbeast), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Inaugural meeting of the new Maemo Council 2Q/2014
- Discussion on Council work media
- Comments by DocScrutinizer05>

Topic (Inaugural meeting of the new Maemo Council 2Q/2014):

  • The meeting started at 20:01 UTC. The new council assembled, and juiceme welcomed the new members.
  • The election results can be seen on the voting page. There was discussion on the vote counting algorithm (STV) and the number of ballots cast in the election.
  • The council decided to continue the present practice of having weekly meetings on tuesdays at 20:00 UTC. All council members live on UTC, UTC+1, UTC+2 zones.
  • There was some discussion of the roles in the Council. After discussion nieldk proposed peterleinchen as Chair & Secretary and juiceme seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous (4/4) and peterleinchen accepted the position.

Topic (Discussion on Council work media):

  • There was discussion on how to handle the tasks and documents during council work; possibilities are to use piratepad or wikipage on Maemo for collaboration. The advantage of piratepad would be easy multiediting capabilities, on the other hand wiki is more secure.
  • The council voted to use a wiki page as work medium but as wiki cannot be set up as private, email ans piratepad are kept as alternative for in-progress/confidental work.
  • Sixwheeledbeast set up a wiki page for Council agenda.

Topic (Comments by DocScrutinizer05):

  • Joerg came on the IRC channel later when the meeting was over, having been taken ill, but he had the following comments;
    • The Council has only one set of rules which define what the council is and what the council does.
    • The Council is not subject to directives from any other body.
    • Council work is generally done in the public, unless mandated by specific necessity. For confidental work there is the council members mailing list.
    • Since Hildon Foundation has accepted the Maemo Council as its Council, the Maemo Council is also the Council of the new unified Maemo e.V. that is going to take over the responsibilities of Hildon Foundation.
Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

Meet the new Q2 2014 Maemo Community Council

2014-07-15 05:38 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Dear Maemo community, I have the great honor of introducing the new Community Council for the upcoming Q2/2014 period.

The members of the new council are:

  • Joerg Reisenweber (joerg_rw)
  • Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme)
  • Niel Nielsen (nieldk)
  • Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)
  • Philippe Coval (rzr)

The voting results can be seen on the voting page

I want to thank warmly all the members of the community who participated in this most important action of choosing a new council for us!

The new council shall meet on the #maemo-meeting IRC channel today at 20:00 UTC for the formal handover with the passing council.

Jussi Ohenoja, Council Chair Q1/2014

On behalf of the outgoing Maemo Community Council

Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-07-01 Meeting Minutes

2014-07-03 06:59 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), xes, Philippe Coval (rZr), Paul Healy (sixwheeledbeast), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Tom Joyce (TomJ), dirkvl, Aaron McEwan (chainsawbike), Sebastian Krzyszkowiak (dos1), Martin Kolman (M4rtinK), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- General orienteering for the new council election candidates

Topic (General orienteering for the new council election candidates):

Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-06-03 Meeting Minutes

2014-06-08 10:27 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Paul Healy (sixwheeledbeast), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Discussion on the handling of device donations
- Status update on the Maemo e.V. registration
- Discussion on the ongoing Maemo Council election

Topic (Discussion on the handling of device donations):

  • chem|st asked juiceme to organize a rally to collect device donations to be used as prizes for future Maemo Contests.

Topic (Status update on the Maemo e.V. registration):

  • The bylaws have been now signed by juiceme, nieldk and DocScrutinizer. Next going to warfare.

Topic (Discussion on the ongoing Maemo Council election):

  • There are no Council candidates, and by original schedule there should be at least four candidates to enter voting phase.
  • Due to lack of candidates the schedule is extended by one month. New candidates are being requested for nomination until 30th of June 2014
  • Win7Mac and chem|st made a new banner on TMO to direct attention to ongoing elections.
  • sixwheeledbeast updated the elections page on Maemo Wiki
Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-05-13 Meeting Minutes

2014-05-17 09:21 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Discussion on arranging the next Maemo Council election
- Discussion on maemo.gitorious.org

Topic (Discussion on arranging the next Maemo Counco election):

  • Juiceme has made the announcement of the election.
  • Woody has been very helpful and provided juiceme assistance on running the voting machine.
  • Juiceme has not yet had time to create a test election.

Topic (Discussion on maemo.gitorious.org):

  • HiFo was contacted by Nokia/Microsoft about the use of maemo.gitorious.org to the Maemo community and if it needs to be kept alive in this way as they want to discontinue the contract with gitorious.org.
  • Chem|st approached Gitorious' staff about possible solutions working out for us and Techstaff is looking into proper backups of these gits and hosting them our own.
Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

Dear friends and Maemoans, it has been a busy six months, and again it is time to elect a new Community Council for us.

The last election finished on Saturday 14th of December 2013 so the new election should be done by Saturday 14th of June 2014.

The schedule of the voting is as follows:

  • Nomination period starts now on the 5th of May 2014 and continues until 31st of May 2014.
  • Contemplation period starts on Sunday 1st of June 2014 and continues until Saturday 7th of June 2014.
  • Election period starts on Sunday 8th of June 2014 and continues until 14th of June 2014.

To get our community to continue strong, we need fresh people with fresh viewpoints to carry on the torch, so please think about volunteering for Maemo Council.

Currently there is lots of things going on, as the Maemo council is now the one unified Council, acting on behalf of the whole Maemo Community and its legal representation bodies, the Maemo e.V. (registered association, successor to HiFo) and the Hildon Foundation.

On behalf of the outgoing community council,

Jussi Ohenoja

Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-04-29 Meeting Minutes

2014-05-05 13:47 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer51), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Sicelo, Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Discussion on arranging the next Maemo Counco election

Topic  (Discussion on arranging the next Maemo Council election):

  • The constraints for the election are:
    • Nomination period:        announcement ... 2014/05/31
    • Contemplation period:     2014/06/01 ... 2014/06/07
    • Election period:              2014/06/08 ... 2014/06/14
  • Juiceme promised to write the election announcement.
Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-03-18 Meeting Minutes

2014-03-24 07:30 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Robert Schiller (lowkyalyr), kerio, Titilambert, Paul Healy (sixwheeledbeast), Martin Kolman (M4rtinK), Falk Stern (warfare), Aaron McEwan (chainsawbike), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Kickoff meeting for Meamo Community e.V.

Topic (Kickoff meeting for Meamo Community e.V.):

  • There was discussion about the voting engine used to prepare/handle/tally the votes in Maemo community matters. As it happens woody is the only one who knows how the system operates, so in the future woody needs to either continue to maintain it or pass the knowledge of it to other people capable of using it.
  • This time the Maemo Council meeting was held with a differnt topic as usual, so the rest ot the meeting was conducted as formal Kickoff/Inaugural meeting of the new Maemo Community e.V.
  • Win7Mac had prepared the following meeting agenda, which was presented to the attendeeds:
    • 1.)Commentary and vote on the Statutes and General rules
    • 2.) Election of the board of directors and acceptance of the internal board regulations
    • 3.)Election of the council
    • 4.)Agreement about member-fees
    • 5.)Organizational enactments
    • 6.)Miscellaneous
  • chem|st opened the meeting on March 18 2014 20:32 UTC and welcomed the participants.
  • Meeting attendees introduced themselves by stating their real names for record.
  • chem|st was appointed the Chair of the meeting, and juiceme was appointed the Secretaty.
  • The assembly accepted articles of incorporation and the association rules unanimously. Thus Maemo Community Association is founded by the present company, and all present are named active members of the community.
  • juiceme, nieldk and chem|st were nominated for directors of the association. All accepted the nomaination and were voted unanimously for the position.
  • The directors accepted Board's Internal Regulations unanimously
  • chem|st was nominated as board's Chairman, juiceme was nominated for Secretary and nieldk was nominated for for Treasurer. All accepted the position and were voted for unanimously.
  • The current Maemo Council, consisting of DocScrutinizer05, chem|st and juiceme was nominated for the Council of Maemo Community Association. The vote for council was unanimous.
  • juiceme was nominated as Chairman of the Council. He was voted for it unanimously and accepted the nomination.
  • It was decreed that with reference to the Statutes and Association Rules passive membership generally is free of any charges. Any payment of fees for active or honoured members is suspended for the time being.
  • The board of directors was assigned to do all nescessary steps to register the association at the district court.
  • The chairman thanked all assembled and closed the meeting at 21:27 UTC


Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-03-11 Meeting Minutes

2014-03-16 15:41 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer51), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Paul Healy (sixwheeledbeast), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Discussion on moving Hildon Foundation to a german e.V.

Topic (Discussion on moving Hildon Foundation to a german e.V.):

  • DocScrutinizer announced that it is no longer possible to donate to Maemo through his PayPal account, so there needs to be found another way for people to support running the Memo infra.
  • juiceme was under the mistaken impression that this MC meeting would also serve as Maemo E.v. founding/kickoff meeting. However as there are not yet enough founders the kickoff meeting needs to be postponed.
  • There was a lot of general discussion on the form of the E.v., as it was questioned that the suggestion for the new council would be 5 people, and current Maemo Council stands a 3 people. It was noted that actually the numver 5 is not a strict requirement, and the E.v. rules could be modified so thet number of council would be 3 and the current council could become the new Maemo E.v. council, provided that current Maemo Council rules are exactly same as in the new council.


Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-02-25 Meeting Minutes

2014-02-28 20:51 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Paul Healy (sixwheeledbeast), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Discussion on moving Hildon Foundation to a german e.V.

Topic (Discussion on moving Hildon Foundation to a german e.V.):

  • Win7Mac has consulted a lawyer on the responsibilities of directors of an E.v. and the extents of liability. It seems that directors are "only liable for damage by gross negligence and intent" so there propably is no need for an extra insurance for the directors. There was some general talk over liability, and juiceme asked if there is any possibility that in EU there could be similar threat of litigation that Woody was fearing could happen to HiFo in US. General consensus seems to be that it is not likely.
  • chem|st asked if Win7Mac will take care of the "Nokia" statements all over the website, and check that there are no unappropriate binaries in repositories.
  • Win7Mac presented the work-on-progress for the changing of names/terms in the legal documentation on the website:
Win7Mac told that when the documenation has been finished it will be reviewed again by a lawyer, and should be finalized by friday this week.


Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2014-02-11 Meeting Minutes

2014-02-18 08:36 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), chainsawbike, Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme).

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
- Off-site backup for Maemo
- Discussion on moving Hildon Foundation to a german e.V.

Topic (Off-site backup for Maemo):

  • DocScrutinizer05 brought to attention that the Maemo off-site backup service will cease in the end of this month. This in effect means that maemo.org would exist as single instance in a single server rack with no backup whatsoever.
  • There is urgent need to find a permanent solution to the backup. Requirement is about 4TB of storage and 1GBps connectivity.

Topic (Discussion on moving Hildon Foundation to a german e.V.):

Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council