Planet maemo: category "feed:0ffd60645267b49419c542bd55f461df"

mtraceur

Hello all,

Click to read 1146 more words
Ivan Galvez Junquera
By Tim Samoff, Hildon Foundation Board Member.

Dear Maemo Community,

Click to read 1550 more words
Categories: council
Ivan Galvez Junquera
Minutes for first Hildon Foundation Board meeting. VoIP meeting held on Google Hangout. Attending: - Randall Arnold / texrat - Tim Samoff / timsamoff - Ivan Galvez / ivgalvez - Robert Bauer/ SD69 - Craig Woodward (intermittent) / woody14619

Hildon Foundation, Meeting 1 - November 3, 2012

====================================

+ Note:
- Technical Issues persisted via Google Hangout: only Randy, Ivan and Tim had voice capability. Others participated via chat.

+ Public Meeting Minutes?
- Tim: Yes
- Randy: Some private; some public
- Ivan: Are they required?
- Rob: n/a
- Craig: They should be public, with exceptions of criticalinformation/NDA.

+ Bylaws, version 7
- Bylaws unanimously approved by all Board members.

+ Board Officers
- Chair: Randall Arnold
- Secretary: Robert Bauer
- Treasurer: Currently, Tim Samoff
> Proposed to ask Cosimo Kroll/zehjotkah to occupy this role.
~ Cosimo has agreed to take the position and will be appointed at the next Board meeting.)

+ Bank account?
- Find out about bank account (ask Niel Nielsen/nieldk).

+ Meeting schedule
- VoiP every two weeks?
- IRC meetings (Board Business) every two weeks & VoiP meetings(Official Board Meetings) monthly?
- Will schedule regular meetings on Google Calendar (which will also create a permanent Hangout for the Board).

+ Transitioning tasks from Council to Board. Separation of current tasks.
- Ensure Council remains communication conduit for community.
- Board organizes operational decisions.
- Board needs an official statement for Board responsibility withcommunity.
> Ask Craig Woodward about maemo.org channel(s) of Board communication.
~ After the meeting, Ivan asked X-Fade to set up the same mechanism that Council is using for communication. In the meantime, Council account can be used.

+ Funding activities:
- Nothing to report at this time.

+ Private session concerning some NDA-protected issues (recorded elsewhere).

+ Infrastructure problems:
- To be discussed via email.

+ Meeting concluded.

Categories: council
Craig Woodward
Based on historic review, the following seems to be the only viable option for this process.

After confirming with the election rules, and historic precedent, the case for five Maemo Community Council candidates seems to be very clear.  The case for five is a "no election" scenario, granting the candidates full Council-ship.

This being said, it brings me great pleasure to announce the new, Q4 2012 Maemo Community Council:

As stated many times in the past month, these five maemo.org contributors have put in timeless hours supporting our community. They are all people who our community has expressed much support for and who will do what it takes to see this community through the tumultuous months ahead of us.  In speaking for the entire previous Council, I'd like to offer a warm welcome (or welcome back) and wish them a happy and productive term!  The formal hand-off will occur at the Council meeting, Friday at 18:00 UTC on #maemo-meeting (on IRC/freenode).

Remember, the position of Community Council member is completely voluntary and unpaid. These fine people are serving you, the Maemo Community, in their free time, out of the goodness of their hearts and a passion for what Maemo is and means.

Once again, thank you all for the ongoing support. This Council only exists because of you.

Categories: news
Craig Woodward

The results of the Hildon Foundation Board elections, Q4 2012 are now official.  Congratulations to all involved, and many thanks to the community for their support and their vote.

Please keep in mind that the Council election cycle is still going!  Nominations continue through the 28th, and voting will occur the first week of November!  There are currently four standing candidates for Council.

Categories: news
Craig Woodward

Board Elections and Council Nominations

2012-10-12 17:12 UTC  by  Craig Woodward
0
0

For those who haven't been following along with the discussion:

  • Board elections have started, and will close on October 18th.
  • Council nominations have re-opened and been extended until October 28th.

The election thread has all the details, including the new time tables.  Thanks again to MisterC for creating the candidate declaration wiki page, and to Andrew for helping with clarifications and nomination validation on the community mailing list.

If you have not yet received your token for voting, please check your spam filters and/or validate you are elegable and have a current e-mail address in your maemo.org account.

 

Categories: news
Craig Woodward
This is a review of the weekly meeting of the Maemo Community Council.

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez, NielDK, SD69

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • CC status
  • Elections
  • Bylaws updates and NFP status
  • Council Mailbag (QT5 competition related)
  • Misc topics

Topic 1 (CC Status)

  • Elections for CC are finished, organizers are working on finalizing results.
  • See the official wiki page for links and eventual official results.

Topic 2 (Elections)

  • We have enough candidates to move forward, nominations end the 28th.

Topic 3 (Bylaws and NFP status)

  • Updates from Woody and TMO are posted in TMO.
  • We now have a tax-ID number.
  • Woody has had no time to work on getting bank account setup.
  • We need to chat with Nokia/Nemien to do further setup for transition.

Topic 4 (Council Mailbag)

  • Laszlo Papp requests Council attempt to recall/redistribute awards from QT5 competition from earlier in 2012, as he feels recipients have not promoted QT5 as the award required.
  • After consideration, this was a Nokia-run competition which Council was not involved in. Council feels it would be inappropriate to interject itself into the QT community (which is much larger than Maemo, Harmattan, and/or MeeGo).
  • It is decided we will encourage Laszlo to take this matter up with the Community via TMO. If there is a consensus there, the next Council may revisit this topic.

Topic 5 (Misc/reminders)

  • We continue to have infrastructure problems, hopefully resolvable by Hildon Foundation when we/if they get the keys.
Categories: news
Craig Woodward

The nomination period for Council and the Board of the new Foundation are ending in just under 48 hours.  To date we have had NO submissions for Council and only two for the Board.  If there's no interest in keeping Maemo.org going, ignore this and it very well may go away.

 

Also, what may be the final version of the bylaws (version 5) has been posted on the TMO thread where there's been a lively discussion going on.  For those involved in that, thank you.  For those who would like to check them out and comment, please hit the link.

Categories: news
Craig Woodward

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez, SD69

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Elections
  • Bylaws updates
  • Legal status and paperwork
  • Back-burner items and path forward
  • Misc topics

Topic 1 (Elections)

  • Elections for CC are underway, all looks to be working well.
  • Banners were posted on TMO by Reggie for CC Election and Council Elections.
  • Ivan suggests Woody14619 do a thread/wiki page about the voting system.
  • The ML moderation is not happening, need to check X-Fade on that.

Topic 2 (Update on bylaws)

  • Updates from Woody and TMO are posted in TMO.
  • We should do at least one more round, using blog/ML, etc.

Topic 3 (Legal status, paperwork)

  • Hildon Foundation paperwork is in, we now exist (or will very soon).
  • Next steps include setting up a bank account, negotiating contracts.
  • Ivan suggests we use the donation policy from Mer.

Topic 4 (Path forward)

  • Discussion about the next steps for the Foundation and Council.
  • The suggestion of creating a to-do list to hand to both next cycle is made.
  • One Council member suggested that the community and potential nominees don't know the status of Reggie's reluctance to transfer TMO, and that the status should be made public before the election nomination period closes.  The majority felt it was not prudent to disclose it announce it publicly, but instead to inform nominees directly.
  • The suggestion of creating a "things candidates should know" list is made.

Topic 5 (Misc/reminders)

  • SD69 wants to setup a "coming soon" landing page for Hildon Foundation.
  • SD69 takes action to donate his domain and the one NielDK has to foundation.
Categories: news
Craig Woodward

Due to time demands meeting minutes were not produced until 9-25.  Sorry for the delay!

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, SD69, ZogG, djszapi, DocScrutinizer

Pre-meeting discussion:

  • A primary worker in QT5 development takes issue with those getting awards for QT5 development, but not helping on porting for the N9.

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Elections (Council and CC)
  • Update on bylaws
  • Misc topics

Topic 1 (Elections)

  • Woody14619 has updated scripts to allow single-token to multi-election voting.
  • The CC will be setup and in effect will be a test of the system, having 7 elections on one token.

Topic 2 (Bylaws)

  • SD69 will have yet another revision out this weekend, shaping up nicely.

Topic 3 (Misc)

  • SD69 discusses issues around Foundation setup.
  • OBS and such are discussed, movement to continue collaboration with Mer touched on.
  • Discussion from before the meeting continues...
Categories: news
Craig Woodward

Due to time demands meeting minutes were not produced until 9-25.  Sorry for the delay!

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez, SD69i, DocScrutinizer05, Kerio

Summary of 15:00 meeting with X-Fade:

  • Council elections were announced, X-Fade will help w/ elections.
  • Discussion on using a single token for multiple elections.
  • X-Fade commits to handling CC if Woody can make single-token work.
  • Bergie will look at why Merlin can't get access.
  • Nokia rep for giving SSL certs for sites has gone missing.

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Council Elections Started
  • Infrastructure status
  • Bylaws updates

Topic 1 (Council Elections Started )

  • Woody announced elections, things are moving along.

Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)

  • Woody will look to update the voting software to do multi-token voting.
  • We should be able to use the machine for CC if that gets done soon.

Topic 3 (Bylaws updates)

  • New questions are being asked, some require more info, all please review.
  • SD69 is doing a revision with required legal bits.
  • We should attempt to settle bylaws before the 15th.
  • We should re-post articles into TMO/ML/Blog, etc.

Topic 4 (Misc)

  • Discussion about bylaws and Karma, how to codify?
Categories: news
Craig Woodward

Maemo Elections (September 2012)

2012-09-05 23:45 UTC  by  Craig Woodward
0
0
While it's been just over 5 months, the current Council feels that due to timing considerations the next Community Council elections are due at this time.

While it's been just over 5 months, the current Council feels that due to timing considerations the next Community Council elections are due at this time.
This election will be a very special one, considering the state of Maemo and Nokia and how things have unfolded over the past few months.

Click to read 1560 more words
Categories: news