Planet maemo: category "feed:0ffd60645267b49419c542bd55f461df"

Ivan Galvez Junquera
In an effort to increase transparency and access for the community, Council holds public meetings each Friday at 18:00UTC. This was an specific meeting with Nemein about infrastructure.

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs) at 15:00 UTC

Attending:  SD69, X-Fade, merlin1991, ivgalvez

 

Summary:

## Transference of administration to volunteers.

Merlin1991 was granted with some administrative rights on repositories (delete and promote applications), however it's not yet working correctly. X-Fade will dig into it.
We have also requested to add more administration permissions and more people to the working group. Next meeting will take place at same time next week.

## Current needs for voting system

- Council elections might take place beginning October, we'll need X-Fade support to setup voting process.
- By-laws approval might take place beginning October at the same time than Council election, we'll need X-Fade support to setup voting process.
- Coding Competition will need voting mechanism by mid September, we'll need X-Fade support to setup voting process.

## Situation of servers and contracts

- Council will talk to Henri, from Nemein, to know the required budget for hosting Maemo services.

- New Council, if by laws are approved should decide about keeping servers with Nemein by end October, so a proper decision about continuing with Nemein will be ready beginning November.

- Servers are paid by Nokia until the end of December so contract could be transferred to legal entity in the beginning of November.

- If decided, migration could begin in November, to avoid getting too close to December and holidays.

 

Next meeting with X-Fade will be held #maemo-meeting next Friday September, 7th 15:00 UTC



nieldk

Community Council Meeting (august 24th, 2012)

2012-08-24 19:39 UTC  by  nieldk
0
0

In an effort to increase transparency and access for the community, Council holds public meetings each Friday at 18:00UTC. Meeting logs are available at any time, and minutes are posted to the Council blog soon after (usually the following Monday).

Council logs for meeting on August 24th, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclog/%23maemo-meeting.2012-08-24.log.html)

Attending:  nieldk

## Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

Update on bylaws and presentation/setup for NFP
Infrastructure migration issues
CSSU support and issues
Misc topics.

## Topic 1: Update on bylaws
SD69 have updated bylaws document in order to publish it for community feedback. It is published on wiki (http://maemo.org/community/council/by-laws_for_hildonfoundation/) for community members review, feedback and final acceptance.
This issue is blocker for several actions, including:
- Elections for next Council/Board of Directors, we'd like to use one single voting for both elections and Bylaws approval
- Legal entity, that will took place after elections.

Other open issues from previous Council meeting is postponed due to Council members on vacation.

Categories: council
nieldk

By-Laws for Hildonfoundation

2012-08-24 19:37 UTC  by  nieldk
0
0

SD69 have updated bylaws document in order to publish it for community feedback. It is published here in full, for community members review, feedback and final acceptance.


This issue is blocker for several actions, including:
- Elections for next Council/Board of Directors, we'd like to use one single voting for both elections and Bylaws approval
- Legal entity, that will took place after elections.

It is by all means not a final document, and only a suggestion from the current Council for establising a legal entity to continue the Maemo society.

Therefore the feedback after review is necessary from community members and a final acceptance of the community is needed in order to establish a legal entity to be responsible for carrying out the Maemo.org infrastructure.

RevisedHildonFoundationBylaws.docx

Categories: council
Ivan Galvez Junquera
In an effort to increase transparency and access for the community, Council holds public meetings each Friday at 18:00UTC. Meeting logs are available at any time, and minutes are posted to the Council blog soon after (usually the following Monday).

Council logs for meeting on August 17th, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:  nieldk, Pali, ivgalvez

## Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Update on bylaws and presentation/setup for NFP
  • Infrastructure migration issues
  • CSSU support and issues
  • Misc topics.
## Topic 1: Update on bylaws Still pending on SD69 to update bylaws document in order to publish it for community feedback. As it was previously discussed during last Council meeting (August 10th) Woody14169 will review it himself in case SD69 is not available and publish it. If it's not prepared by the end of this week, we will publish it as is. This issue is blocker for several actions, including: - Elections for next Council/Board of Directors, we'd like to use one single voting for both elections and Bylaws approval - Legal entity, that will took place after elections. ## Topic 2: Infrastructure migration issues Woody14619 commented during last Council Meeting that merlin1991 had finally obtained the administrative rights to repositories but something wasn't working correctly in the web interface. merlin1991 is right now on holidays so it's unclear what's the status about this issuem. In the meantime. ivgalvez has sent a few emails to both X-Fade and merlin1991. ## Topic 3: CSSU support and issues A new CSSU Testing release is planned for this week. A new version of CSSU enabler is now in devel (should by in Testing by next week) and is candidate to land in Extras to allow users to install CSSU via HAM without the need to enter TMO. ivgalvez has asked via ML for the conclusions from last CSSU meeting and also proposed to keep fixed scheduled meetings.
Craig Woodward
In an effort to provide increased transparency of the operation of Council, meeting minutes are being provided via the Community Council blog. (Sorry for the delay in posting this week!)


Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)
Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez
NielDK is on holiday.

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Update on bylaws and presentation/setup for NFP
  • Infrastructure migration issues
  • Preparations for elections
  • CSSU support and issues
  • Misc topics

 

Topic 1 (Update on bylaws)

  • SD69 will update bylaws to reflect topics discussed and post to blog/TMO for further discussion.
  • Woody will attempt to do changes and push this before vacation if time permits.

 

Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)

  • Woody14619 attempted a follow up on Monday, but there was no reply.
  • Merlin1991 informed that there was an issue using the web interface.
  • Woody will try again via IRC and Ivan will try again via e-mail.

 

Topic 3 (Elections)

  • If we want to hold elections in September (we do), we need to announce that this month.
  • Elections should he held for both Council and the Board, to best use our limited resource time.
  • Late August for the announcement sounds reasonable, with elections in late September?  But we need to get bylaws up and stable to pull this off.

 

Topic 4 (CSSU support/issues)

  • CSSU team looks to have stabilized where they are going.
  • It could be helpful to suggest they formalize and do minutes for their last meeting to make sure everyone is resolved the same way on issues.



Topic 5 (Misc/reminders)

  • Woody14619 will be on holiday August 17-25th.
  • SD69 will be on holiday August 19-25th.
  • Woody is looking at voting machine docs to see if he can help in the setup for the next election, to reduce time needed by X-Fade to do so.



Action Items:

  • SD69 to retouch bylaws and post as a blog entry for review by full community
  • Failing that Woody will attempt to do the same and post, perhaps while on vacation?
  • Woody14619 will post bylaws to wiki for markup and review edits
  • Woody14619 to follow up with IRC topic links and announcements once blog/wiki are up
Categories: news
Craig Woodward

Community Council Meeting (Aug 3, 2012)

2012-08-06 19:01 UTC  by  Craig Woodward
0
0
In an effort to increase transparency and access for the community, Council holds public meetings each Friday at 18:00UTC. Meeting logs are available at any time, and minutes are posted to the Council blog soon after (usually the following Monday).

Council logs for meeting on August 3rd, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez, SD69, Zogg, javispedro.
NielDK is on holiday.

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

 

  • Update on bylaws and presentation/setup for NFP
  • Infrastructure migration issues
  • Jolla questions and representation
  • Misc topics

 

Topic 1 (Update on bylaws)

Discussion on when Board election will happen, and interim Board for formation.
Council members will act as interim Board until elections in September.
SD69 will update bylaws to reflect topics discussed and post to blog/TMO for further discussion.

Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)

Per discussion on Monday, X-Fade and Merlin1991 were to sync Tuesday.
Tuesday's sync appeared to not happen, so still no repo admin access.
Woody14619 will follow up on Monday @OBS meeting and try to resolve.

Side-topic with Zogg on OBS:

Zogg asks why info on progress is slow, and why is it not open for more people to work on.
Woody replies that the hardware in Nemien owned, and those in the community with the required skill set to work on OBS are for the most part already involved, or lack the time to become involved.  Access is not the issue, free time is. Especially since Nokia is no longer paying for development time from X-Fade, who is contributing personal time to this project now.

Topic 3 (Jolla)

Ivan has a list of questions for Jolla (assembled by Jalyst, from the community), some simple, some not.
SD69 has made contact with Jolla's CEO, thinks we need to have a "friendly meeting" before barraging them with technical questions.  Woody agrees.
A meeting should be setup, or at least a discussion started with Jolla and Council.
SD69 will forward info to the Council ML to facilitate that.

Topic 4 (Misc)

Thanks to Ivan for posting meeting minuted to the blog this week.
Woody14619 will be on holiday August 17-25th.
SD69 will be on holiday August 19-25th.
Woody is looking at voting machine docs to see if he can help in the setup for the next election, to reduce time needed by X-Fade to do so.

Action Items:

SD69 to retouch bylaws and post as a blog entry for review by full community
Woody14619 will post bylaws to wiki for markup and review edits
Woody14619 to follow up with IRC topic links and announcements once blog/wiki are up
Woody14619 to follow up with X-Fade on getting admin into role with repos.

Categories: news
Ivan Galvez Junquera
Council logs for meeting on July 27th, 2012 (There was no July 20th meeting.)

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Woody14619, Ivgalvez.
SD69 was unavailable due to work.
NielDK is on holiday.

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
Review of hand-over activities (repos, FB page, etc)
Review of bylaws for NFP
Misc, other, etc?

Topic 1 (Review of hand-over activities)
Waiting on X-Fade to grant permissions to selected rep for maintaining repos.
Additional volunteers would be useful for other infrastructure items.
Woody14619 has admin privs now on the Maemo FB fan page, should consider when/how to inform user community there of CSSU and other non-Nokia efforts.
Woody to folow up at OBS meeting Monday.

Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)
Waiting on SD69 to update bylaws and post to blog/TMO.
If things aren't moving by late week Woody14619 may take a stab at the updates.

Topic 3 (CSSU and Extras issues)
Currently anything depending on CSSU can't go into Extras (no way to handle dependencies).
If we had an installer pacakage for CSSU, we could depend on it for such apps, and/or promote that installer as a proper method to do the install.
Ivgalvez will look into getting a proper package in place to promote CSSU and cross-apps in Extras for normal promotion.


Action Items:
SD69 to retouch bylaws and post as a blog entry for review by full community
Woody14619 will post bylaws to wiki for markup and review edits
Woody14619 to follow up with IRC topic links and announcements once blog/wiki are up
Woody14619 to follow up with X-Fade on getting admin into role with repos & election setup for next election cycle.

Craig Woodward

Community Council Meeting (July 13, 2012)

2012-07-19 16:29 UTC  by  Craig Woodward
0
0
Sorry for the delay on these. I thought I'd posted them but apparently never hit the send button. :P

Council logs for meeting on July 13th, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Woody14619, Estel_, SD69, Ivgalvez, ZogG, rzr, NielDK, StsKeeps

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Review and progress with bylaws
  • Infrastructure discussion
  • AI review, other topics.


Pre meeting (old business):

  • Thanks to SD69 and Ivan for the followups to X-Fade and Qgil.
  • We should request e-mails to Council go to the group ML (council@maemo.org)


Topic 1 (Review and progress with bylaws)

  • The review on the mailing list is going well.
  • Items from the mailing list should be folded and and presented as a blog post, to start the discussion on TMO.
  • SD69 takes the item to retouch with suggestions and post as a blog item.
  • ZogG notes a topic change and announcement on IRC may be in order.
  • There is a concern for how final approval of new group should occur.
  • General agreement is toward approval of bylaws in concurrent with electing first board, depending on the the variety or nature of branches (if any) after discussion.
  • Thoughts on using the Wiki to house working copy of bylaws in discussed.
  • Estel takes the item to put bylaws on wiki and monitor edits.
  • Tabled until more input is forthcoming from further review (on TMO?)


Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)

  • A request has been made to X-Fade about which services can be admined by Council or a subcommittee setup for maintenance.  The end goal being to lighten the load on X-Fade and allow faster access for the community when problems arise.


Topic 3 (Misc items)

  • Zogg proposes using a more robust logging bot in #maemo-meeting, for topics, etc.


Post meeting discussions:

  • A general discussion about OBS, QTCreator and Jolla. (separate topics)
  • Estel announces (via link post) his resignation from Council



Action Items:
SD69 to retouch bylaws and post as a blog entry for review by full community
Estel (now Woody14619?) will post bylaws to wiki for markup and review edits
Woody14619 to follow up with IRC topic links and announcements once blog/wiki are up


Categories: council
Ivan Galvez Junquera

Community Council Meeting (July 6th)

2012-07-09 17:38 UTC  by  Ivan Galvez Junquera
0
0

Council minutes for meeting on July 6th, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Estel, SD69, NielDK, ivgalvez

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

1 - New chairman election 2 - Establishing legal entity US/EU 3 - Community funding 4 - X-Fade leaving Maemo related activities 5 - Anything else Topic 1 (New chairman election) ivgalvez will act as today's chairman in substitution of Estel for this meeting.

As per ivgalvez's suggestion, Woody14619, is proposed as new chairman from now on. All votes unanimously agree.

Topic 2 (Establishing legal entity US/EU)
Draft document for establishing a legal entity (not affiliated with Nokia) is discussed. This document, prepared by SD69, will be shared with the community for feedback once it receives a few modifications. Points commented: - Legal entity name to avoid Maemo trademark (possible legal issues). Hildon Foundation will be used as legal entity name. - Discussion around mission statement, boar of legal entity, meetings rate. - It's proposed to use current voting system to elect first board of directors for legal entity.
Topic 3 (Community funding). Will be on held until legal entity launch, to avoid legal issues/taxes.
Topic 4 (X-Fade leaving Maemo related activities) Considering the lack of availability of X-Fade during upcoming months and the importance of his remaining time in activities such as COBS, Council will ask for as much administrator rights as possible, to start the creation of working groups that would help him (or even substitute him if possible) in current maintenance of Maemo related services. Having those working groups would also help to ease the migration to the new infrastructure. Topic 5 (Other issues) Current shipping of CA devices seems to be ongoing, despite some problems. According to qgil, this shouldn't be a problem.

Action Items:

all: comment by email on document to form legal entity. SD69: refine documment with councellors feedback ivgalvez: contact X-Fade to ask about possibility to obtain any administrative rights on Maemo.org services  until migration ivgalvez: prepare minutes from meeting
nieldk

Community Council Meeting (June 29, 2012)

2012-07-02 17:21 UTC  by  nieldk
0
0

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclog/%23maemo-meeting.2012-06-29.log.html#t2012-06-29T21:09:23 )

Attending: Woody14619, SD69, NielDK, Jaffa

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
Problems in representation
CA firestorm and proposals
OBS progress and status
Movement on self-sustaining
AI review, other topics.

Topic 1 (Problems in representation)
There has been dispute over personal actions for a few weeks now.
Given Estel's offer in June 15th meeting, proposal is made to remove Chair from Estel.
Three of three present represent a majority, and pass the proposal.
A motion to select and elect a new chair are tabled to next week, in part due to attendance and to reflect on need and responsibilities of the position.

Topic 2 (CA Firestorm and proposals)
A set of proposals is presented for comment and request for actions by Council.
One proposal is requesting devices for Council, freeing CA devices.
Another proposal is requesting if reduced price options are open to Council to buy devices (for use with TMO-raised funds for devices to developers).
There are objections from two Council (one not present), the motion is tabled to next week to allow review and contemplation.

Topic 3 (OBS progress and status)
OBS is moving slower, but still moving.
Documenters are needed, status updated.
SD69 will attend OBS this week, as Woody14619 may not be available (vacation)

Topic 4 (Movement on self-sustaining)
TMO is a-buzz with talk of self-sustaining again, time to move is now.
Discussions about legal entity and US/EU implementation.
Discussions around funding are touched, including startup costs.
By-laws will be drafted and proposed by SD69.
NielDK will look into EU issues on VAT, NFP status and the like.
We should request a rough budget & cost structure from Nokia/Nemein to have a base on where things are now.  Breakdown would be best if we can get it.

Topic 5 (AI & Misc)
All AI from last meeting were completed, status given.
Woody14619 will be on vacation and may be off-line through July 9th.
Tabled topics should be brought up next week (Chair & CA proposals)

Action Items:
SD69: Draw up by-laws for new entity for presentation
SD69: Attend OBS to capture needs and Council requests
NielDK: Look into EU laws on NFP, VAT, etc.
NielDK: Post minutes on Monday if Woody is unable.
All: Consider motions on electing new Chair.
All: Consider motions on post-CA proposals.

Categories: council
Craig Woodward

Community Council Meeting (June 22, 2012)

2012-06-25 18:52 UTC  by  Craig Woodward
0
0
Community Council Meeting (June 22, 2012)

council.png

Council logs for meeting on June 22nd, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Woody14619, SD69, Ivgalvez, NielDK, Stskeeps

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Package promotion issue update
  • CA wrap-up
  • OBS status update
  • AI followups and misc topics.



Topic 1 (Package promotion issue update)

  • It's confirmed that packages relying on non-free need help promoting.
  • Hopes are that this will stop being the case in OBS.
  • For now the qt libarary in question will be hand promoted.
  • Stskeeps notes that a free package exists similar to the non-free one.
  • Woody takes AI to follow up w/ lib maintainer and X-Fade.
  • Also, apparently garage creation is hung and not auto-allowing.
  • We should change the auto-reply if possible from ext-stefano.mosconi@nokia.com?


Topic 2 (CA Wrap-up)

  • All winners have submitted info & stuff is forwarded to Quim.
  • FCrochick has donated his device to Coding Competition
  • A few people on TMO are crazy...


Topic 3 (OBS status)

  • OBS is moving along, including volunteers to document/test OBS when ready.
  • Hope is that this can happen soon and work into any migration plans.


Topic 4: (AI and misc)

  • All AI from last month are done and/or on-going.
  • Thanks to Niel for his collection and work on moderation policy stuff.



Action Items:
Woody: Follow up w/ X-Fade & maintainer about qt-components-10 issue.
Woody: Follow up w/ X-Fade about garage auto-allow.

Post meeting:

  • Discussion about the future of Maemo, planning, and options.
  • How to present options to the community, and steps to be taken.
  • Lots of good input, to be resolved off line and prep for presentation next week.
Categories: council
Ivan Galvez Junquera

Community Awards: final results

2012-06-20 18:13 UTC  by  Ivan Galvez Junquera
0
0
Final results for Community Awards have been published.

council.pngCongratulations to all winners!

There is a final result, please check the Wiki list.

In order to receive the prize, it's mandatory that all awarded create an account at Nokia Developers. Once created, you need to add your postal information to your profile (otherwise Nokia won't know where to send the device).

Then we need to know your Nokia Developer ID (the login name at Nokia Developers that you have created). All the winners will receive a notification email, please respond to council@maemo.org including the following data:
- Full name
- ID at Nokia Developers
- email address.

Please send this data before next Monday, June 25th, as we need to provide the full list to Nokia to start sending the devices.

Thanks to everyone for participating and for your contributions to Maemo.org. We will need you more than ever in the following months, please keep your level of involvement with the community.

Categories: council