Planet maemo

Philip Van Hoof

I added support for changing the nrl:maxCardinality property of an rdfs:Property from one to many. Earlier Martyn Russel reverted such an ontology change as this was a blocker for the Debian packaging by Michael Biebl.

We only support going from one to many. That’s because going from many to one would obviously imply data-loss (a string-list could work with CSV, but an int-list can’t be stored as CSV in a single-value int type – instead of trying to support nonsense I decided to just not do it at all).

More supported ontology changes can be found here.

Not sure if people care but this stuff was made while listening to Infected Mushroom.

Categories: english
peterleinchen

2014-09-23 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-27 11:30 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-09-23 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme)

Absent: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and membership registration

Topic (Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and membership registration):

  • Juiceme posted a request-for-comments on TMO about the relationship of the Council <-> the e.V.
  • Short discussion about membership forms. And required minimum age.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
  • Check if karma calculation/evaluation is fixed.
  • NielDK to prepare a draft for letter to Jolla.
  • Sixwheeledbeast to clarify the CSS issue on wiki.maemo.org with techstaff.
  • juiceme to create a wording draft for the referendum (to be counterchecked by council members).
  • Everybody to make up their own minds about referendum and give feedback.
  • -- new items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-09-16 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-24 22:05 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-09-16 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: (xes), Paul Healey (sixwheeledbeast), Philippe Coval (rZr)

Absent: Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)


Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Meeting minutes posted
  • Spam attack on wiki.m.o
  • Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and ...


Topic (Meeting minutes posted):

  • Short discussion about (delayed) posted minutes of meetings and midgard and its way to run/create TMO posts for those minutes.

Topic (Spam attack on wiki.m.o):

  • Currently maemo.org experienced a spam attack. From some IP rangess known for spamming.
  • It was 'successful' on some of the wiki pages, but tried to attack also other maemo.org sites.
  • It was recognized and posted by a user on TMO. Apparently it was just a minor change and easy to recover.
  • Techstaff set up some firewall rules to block those IPs and get rid of their sniffing/spamming.

Topic (Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and membership registration):

  • Another discussion on the referendum regarding the "Maemo council and election rules" and the way to prepare/publish it to user base.
  • Referendum should be about:
    Win7Mac: I suggested - specify council duties so that it remains the major active party of community work AND honours the fact that Nokia got replaced by our own community organization, not only in regards to board 23:20
    Win7Mac: - rework council election rules incl. §6 (professional interests) and honoring the fact that Karma system is borked ATM, which results in inaccurate calculation of electorate and candidates. This may serve as an interim solution in hope of Karma system being repairable. 23:20
    Win7Mac: besides that, board already executes Council's (and General Assembly's!) rulings, see MC eV bylaws §7 (5): https://etherpad.mozilla.org/AMabik4zeD 23:43
  • ;
  • Regarding the ongoing and required changes on maemo.org sites, juiceme asked about list of users with their access level.


Action Items:
  • -- old items:
  • Check if karma calculation/evaluation is fixed.
  • NielDK to prepare a draft for letter to Jolla.
  • Sixwheeledbeast to clarify the CSS issue on wiki.maemo.org with techstaff.
  • juiceme to create a wording draft for the referendum (to be counterchecked by council members).
  • -- new items:
  • Everybody to make up their own minds about referendum and give feedback.
Categories: council
admin
Firefox for Mobile Firefox for Mobile Let's build a browser engine! Part 6: Block layout - http://limpet.net/mbrubec... September 17 from Matt Brubeck - Comment - Like
peterleinchen

2014-09-09 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:35 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-09-09 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Paul Healey (sixwheeledbeast), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Absent: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Certificate issue on wiki.m.o
  • Security check on m.o
  • Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and membership registration

Topic (Certificate issue on wiki.m.o):

  • A certificate on wiki.maemo.org seems to have "refused" to be updated last month. Issue has been reported by user on TMO.
  • Techstaff immediately resolved this. Big THANKS.
  • Sixwheeledbeast expressed something about CSS misbehaviour on wiki pages (due to static.maemo.org). He was asked to write technical details to techstaff directly to get this resolved.

Topic (Security check on m.o):

  • nieldk proposed to do a scan of maemo.org environment
  • It was agreed that he may check maemo.org for latest vulnerabilities and do a general conformity test. NOT without informing our techstaff before doing so (on #maemo-admin or/and via e-mail).

Topic (Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and membership registration):

  • Discussion on the referendum regarding the "Maemo council and election rules".
  • The referendum should be held regarding the "specification of council duties" and "rework of council rules". Please see this post/thread for more details.
  • It was agreed that the first draft of wording should be prepared by council (juiceme) and it will be publicly discussed on TMO.
  • RzR pointed out to have mentioned last weeks given CoC (Code of Conduct) rules in that thread.

  • Discussion on the "active member sign up".
  • The current form was sent out by chem|st and thanks to juiceme available for all.
  • Some pros and cons were discussed, but in general the form was agreed.
  • Sending way to e.V. for registration was discussed and answered by chem|st earlier that a scanned copy by mail would be fine. Together with some copy of ID/drivers license.
  • Age of registration candidate was discussed. needs to be over 14 and in case of age below 18/21 a parental signature will be needed too.

  • Future of Maemo regarding monetary affairs was asked.
  • Win/Mac gave the number of currently 3378$ (~2600€) to be handed over to e.V. With a view to free/low-cost hosting (IPHH) and free work of our techstaff this could sound sufficient, but will not suffice for long term...

Action Items:
  • Sixwheeledbeast to clarify the CSS issue on wiki.maemo.org with techstaff.
  • juiceme to create a wording draft for the referendum (to be counterchecked by council members).
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-09-02 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:34 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-09-02 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Craig Woodward (Woody14619), Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), Paul Healey (sixwheeledbeast), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Philippe Coval (rZr), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Absent: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • NielDK's resignation
  • Discussion on Maemo e.V. and Council rules
  • Code of Conduct

Topic (NielDK's resignation):

  • NielDk joined in even he was not expected to appear after his resignation post.
  • NielDk explained his view on Maemo.org and council/e.V. and the reasons that lead to his decision. I think this quote of NielDK [23:36]: "Let me extend a bit, I think Doc is correct in wanting the council to be the speach organ for the community, towards board, but it is not deciding what the board should accept or do (eV or HiFo), the board cant legally 100% function like that" expresses it the most.
  • At the end of the meeting NielDK was convinced to resign from his resignation. And keep staying active member of Council and board of MC e.V..

Topic (Discussion on Maemo e.V. and Council rules):

  • The discussion faded into the transition to maemo e.V. and again the Council rules.
  • Another quote of Woody14619 [23:40] explains the situation we are in: "There are 3 points of contention: (legal) ownership/liability, (technical) operation, and (community) input and direction. Splitting liability from operation is the issue."
  • Board (e.V.) is the legal representation of maemo.org. And will take all legal responsibilities.
  • The role of e.V. seen by DocScrutinizer is only acting as cashier. But this does not fit the structure!
  • Another reason for clashing seems to be the pretending of "council rules". Council will still be elected by garage members (no change).
    But council election rules may be changed by board (2/3 majority).

  • Short conclusion (by peterleinchen): Council does not operate maemo.org, but eV does. Council is concentrator of community will (and speech organ to board/e.V.). Council will be elected from garage.m.o members. Council cannot force board to act illegally.
    Board is the legal owner (legally responsible). Board is therefore the entity that "governs" maemo.org. Board can change bylaws (also: council election rules) by 2/3 majority.
    The MCeV is an entity and chain of command is "General Meeting>Board>Council"
  • DocScrutinizer joined the channel after the meeting and claimed he just defended the "MAEMO COUNCIL AND ELECTION RULES"

  • Question came up, how much member really care about the community or whether community is already gone (due to so less votes (~100) against sent out tokens (~5800).

Topic (Code of Conduct):

  • RzR asked about to set up a Code of Conduct for maemo.org.
  • Please see the links as examples, like debian kde github mozilla

Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-08-26 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:33 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-08-26 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Philippe Coval (RzR), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: (lbt), (xes), Gido Griese (Win7Mac)

Absent: Niel Nielsen (nieldk)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • handling of MoMs
  • community input
  • x-fade contact about IRC

Topic (handling of MoMs):

Topic (community input):

  • rZr set up a wiki page for community which can be edited by users. This way community may communicate to council about things to sort.
  • Please see also RzR post on TMO.

Topic (x-fade contact about IRC):

  • Until now we were not able to contact x-fade directly, but could have success by contacting via co-worker.
  • Win7Mac joined in and sent mail from GeneralAntilles, that he was able to get in contact with x-fade.
  • DocScrutinizer05 pointed out to not mix things (IRC resolving vs. Jolla board contact).
  • A new e-mail was set up with some more technical details and sent back to GeneralAntilles (to be forwarded to x-fade).

Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-08-19 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:32 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-08-19 at 20:00 UTC on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Paul Haley (sixwheeledbeast) Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Philippe Coval (RzR)

Partial: (xes)

Absent: Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • new MC e.V. structure, roles of HiFo/MC e.V. and Council
  • karma calculation
  • coop with Jolla

Topic (new MC e.V. structure, roles of HiFo/MC e.V. and Council):

  • Discussion on new MC e.V. structure as well as the roles of HiFo/MC e.V. and council.
  • DocScrutinizer disagreed with the authority of MC e.V.
  • General agreement that the council rules are already defined.
  • Feedback from community is asked for and will be welcome.

Topic (karma calculation):

  • Discussion on the "karma" calculation issue for voting system.

Topic (coop/friend with Jolla):

  • Discussion on the cooperation / "make friends" with Jolla.

Action Items:
  • Check if karma calculation/evaluation is fixed.
  • NielDK to prepare a draft for letter to Jolla.
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-08-12 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:31 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0
2014-08-12 Meeting Minutes

Meeting held 2014-08-12 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Philippe Coval (RzR), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: (lbt), (xes), Gido Griese (Win7Mac)

Absent: Niel Nielsen (nieldk)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • IRC channel operator priviliges
  • Discussion on Council writing an introductory letter to Jolla
  • Discussion on a place for Maemo e.V. related documents
  • Discussion on the change to Maemo landing-page

Topic (IRC channel operator priviliges):

  • It is necessary that some active channel-op has co-GC (Group Coordinator) rights.
  • The channelops on #maemo-meeting are GeneralAntilles, Jaffa, jOERG_rw. It was suggested that co-GC rights should be granted to same people.
  • The current GC is Xfade, but he has been absent from IRC and not reachable by mail lately. Council needs to contact him to agree on the GC rights transfer.

Topic (Discussion on Council writing an introductory letter to Jolla):

  • It was suggested that the new Council should send an introduction to Jolla to present ourselves.
  • However it seems that Jolla has no need of Maemo and Maemo has no requirements from Jolla so this is not essential.
  • It was pointed out that HiFo has already written an open letter to Jolla earlier, and apart from general goodwill there is no real need of communication between the entities.

Topic (Discussion on a place for Maemo e.V. related documents):

  • There needs to be a common place to store e.V. bylaws, meeting minutes, blog posting and membership application forms and guides.
  • A wiki page is not optimal for this kind of information, better to have a subpage on Maemo.org hierarchy.
  • Win7Mac joined in and sent mail from GeneralAntilles, where he was able to get in contact with x-fade.
  • A new e-mail was set up with some more technical details and sent back to GeneralAntilles (to be forwarded to x-fade).

Topic (Discussion on the change to Maemo landing-page):

  • It is required that we replace the maemo.org starting-page after nokia signs off.
  • There are no other requirements or guidance what/how to do that, except "once we proceed, Nokia will require you to replace the landing-page with a statement announcement for 3 months", whatever that means?
  • There is still awful lot of stuff on Maemo.org that refers to Nokia and that needs to be corrected/removed.

Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-08-05 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:24 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-08-05 at 20:00 UTC on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Falk Stern (warfare),
Philippe Coval (RzR), Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Absent: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • status of MC e.V.
  • new SSL certificates>
  • IRC configuration/administration rights
  • future of Harmattan

Topic (status of MC e.V.):

  • German court is processing for weeks and weeks (they're understaffed ATM), but we have a file number...
  • UPDATE on this (not in the meeting): MC e.V. got registered!

Topic (new SSL certificates):

  • This issue can be marked as resolved by the work and help of Falk Stern (warfare, TMO: fstern).
  • The certs are from startssl and are "free" as in beer.
  • Muchos gracias !!!
  • A personal thank you, as he did this on his own.

Topic (IRC configuration/administration rights):

  • This is still not resolved. RzR tried to contact x-fade at Jolla, but until now no response.
  • We agreed on trying to contact Jolla board member to ask for some spare time of x-fade to resolve this and hand over rights on Maemo IRC channels to CC or board member(s).
  • This mail will be prepared by nieldk and should be signed by all CC/Board members.

Topic (future of Harmattan):

  • RzR poked Nokia on Twitter about HarmattanDev:
  • plz @nokiadeveloper @NokiaHelps contact #maemo council or @hildonfound to status on #HarmattanDev unavailability. RT!

Action Items:
  • nieldk setting up an email until next weeks meeting to contact Jolla board about x-fade timeframe.
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-07-29 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:22 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-07-29 at 20:00 UTC on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:

Partial: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Absent: Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Philippe Coval (RzR), Niel Nielsen (nieldk)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • no topics

Nothing has been discussed.
Action Items:
  • N/A
Categories: council
peterleinchen

2014-07-22 Meeting Minutes

2014-09-15 18:13 UTC  by  peterleinchen
0
0

Meeting held 2014-07-22 at 20:00 UTC on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Ruediger Schiller (chem|st), (xes),
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Philippe Coval (RzR), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)

Absent: Niel Nielsen (nieldk)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • IRC cloaks
  • administration of IRC channels
  • certificates problem
  • HiFo / MC e.V. transfer
  • future of Harmattan
  • listing of resources

Topic (IRC cloaks):

  • As proposed last meeting by sixwheeledbeast the necessity and the basics (privacy) of cloaks on IRC was discussed briefly.
  • As no one claimed to need that, no decision was made. Possibly to decided next meeting.
  • Discussion faded smoothly to next topic...

Topic (administration of IRC channels):

  • DocScrutinizer05 claimed the non-existence of any administration rights for Maemo affiliated personnel.
  • The only person with IRC administrative rights seems to be Nokia/x-fade.
  • rZr is going to contact x-fade and convince him to add a member of current council to GC (GroupContact) or inform IRC admins to do so.

Topic (certificates problem):

  • chem|st stepped in and announced that all problems regarding certificates and also IRC administration will get solved as soon as the Maemo ownership/licensing is solved.
  • This is work to be done by HiFo (resp. MC e.V.), but community may help getting the website straight by editing the documents in this thread.

Topic (HiFo / MC e.V. transfer):

  • chem|st explained a bit about the current situation of HiFo (Woody is going to close the American HiFo bank account) and registering of MC e.V. (registration still needs to be confirmed by court).

Topic (future of Harmattan):

  • MeeGo/Harmattan is closed down by Nokia. But it is not clear where the rights for Meego/Maemo6/Harmattan are at the moment.
  • FOSS source DVD of Harmattan is available and may be hosted on maemo.org (but not to consider due to resource limiting on current infra).
  • Firmwares/flasher and so on (binary blobs) will most probably never be available like the ones from Maemo (due to binary blobs of 3rd parties).
  • Other resources in question are the SDK repo and some development stuff (scratchbox, VMs).

Topic (listing of resources):

  • It was clearly discussed that hosting of above mentioned resources will be against the law. But a named listing of those resources togther with a md5sum (better: sha1sum) will be okay.
  • So we ask community to step in and help listing those resources. Please see rZr's post or edit directly here.
  • A listing of files available on Nokia's NDS fire servers is also welcome but are to be seen as temporary solution, as those servers are foreseen to close down in near future (at least for our resources).

Action Items:
  • RzR trying to contact x-fade.
Categories: council