Planet maemo: category "feed:0ffd60645267b49419c542bd55f461df"

Jussi Ohenoja

2015-06-16 Meeting Minutes

2015-06-30 16:11 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held 2015-06-16 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: Gido Griese (Win7Mac)

Absent: Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide), William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Referendum and Elections announcement

p>(Topic Referendum and Elections announcement):

  • Juiceme agreed that the 3rd draft of the referendum is OK for publishing.
  • Both the referendum on council tasks and election of the new council will be run concurrently as to maximise the awareness of the ongoing actions and have as large as possible vote count.


Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on TMO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • Archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
    • Contacting Daphne Won on Facebook and LinkedIn to get administrator rights on Facebook for a Maemo member to migrate the plugin to v2.0 API and maintain it in the future.
  • new items:

Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-06-02 Meeting Minutes

2015-06-12 07:09 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-06-02 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
William McBee (gerbick), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),

Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Partial: Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),
Rüdiger Schiller (chem|st),

Absent: Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Referendum
  • Council elections

Topic (Referendum):

  • Win7Mac posted to Council, via email, 2-option (Yes or No) referendum, about accepting that Council becomes part of MCeV, and corresponding modifications to Council election rules.
  • Defining in bylaws that Council's task is to advise board (besides holding elections), for all "Yes" options of referendum.
  • Wikiwide offers to put "Council election rules can be changed by GA resolution, not only PM referendum" into separate part of referendum, because MCeV can function if Council election rules are changeable by referendum only.
    Peterleinchen notes that this will be the most work consuming option, and it will not change the council position (no power over board).
    3-option referendum should be doable.
  • Next council meeting should decide on referendum and announce it, as well as council elections, to hold them together.
  • A draft of referendum from chemist

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
    • Contacting Daphne Won on Facebook and LinkedIn to get administrator rights on Facebook for a Maemo member to migrate the plugin to v2.0 API and maintain it in the future.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-05-19 Meeting Minutes

2015-06-12 06:58 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-05-19 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
William McBee (gerbick), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme),

Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Partial: Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),

Absent: Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • HiFo and MCeV: transfer
  • Referendum

Topic (HiFo and MCeV: transfer):

  • For those under the impression that Nokia could deny us moving everything to MCeV: chemist is not in the position to share details of the agreement but what he can share, is that in case of HiFo moving *all* assets to a new/other entity Nokia has to be notified, not asked for permission, and the *new entity has to kiss the ring.

Topic (Referendum):

  • The referendum options must be debated for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the referendum; referendum voting will be open for the same length of time as the council elections [1 week].
  • Define the council responsibility, besides holding all elections. The issue is, since Council is elected by all Passive Members and not just GA, Council has to be limited in power, since GA is the native "superior force" in any e.V.
  • Referendum would include changes to council election rules: altered all "1 month" to "4 weeks", got rid of that obscure "Nokia Community Manager"...

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
    • Contacting Daphne Won on Facebook and LinkedIn to get administrator rights on Facebook for a Maemo member to migrate the plugin to v2.0 API and maintain it in the future.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-05-12 Meeting Minutes

2015-05-19 06:12 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-05-12 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),

Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon),

Partial: Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),
Falk Stern (warfare/fstern),

Absent: William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • HiFo and MCeV: transfer
  • Referendum
  • Facebook API changes

Topic (HiFo and MCeV: transfer):

  • woody has now made the transfer from HiFo account to MCeV account; it should be visible there in couple of days. Next steps are dissolving the Hildon Foundation and making final transfer of all intangibles to MCeV. That's in the works, too.
  • The agreement between HiFo and Nokia states that in situation like the current one, Nokia is to be notified by proceedings, That's being taken care of, too. In theory, they could decline the transfer. But it is not seen as likely.

Topic (Referendum):

  • peterleinchen is going to check the bylaws to make up his mind about need of referendum. .

Topic (Facebook API changes):

  • Daphne Won does not reply to the latest Facebook messages; probably need to ask somebody from usoft/nokia for help.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
    • Contacting Daphne Won on Facebook and LinkedIn to get administrator rights on Facebook for a Maemo member to migrate the plugin to v2.0 API and maintain it in the future.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-05-05 Meeting Minutes

2015-05-16 00:57 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-05-05 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),

Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon),

Partial: Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),
Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Absent: William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Facebook API changes
  • Referendum, repositories being down and the letter to HiFo

Topic (Facebook API changes):

  • Recently, FB migrated all API v1.0 applications (like the one in N900, dunno about N9/50) to v2.0. As a result, FB sharing plugin stopped working, again. Could someone contact Daphne Won and request for the community to take ownership of N900 facebook application, so we can go through FB review process and make photo/video sharing plugin working anew?
  • The FB application was registered on FB back in 2009 (afaik) by Nokia. Every FB application has administrators, that lady being one of them. She has the rights to add other people as administrators. We need such an administrator account in order to request FB to review the application according to those new rules.

Topic (Referendum, repositories being down and the letter to HiFo):

  • Lost with that RFC thread now; lots of heated discussion; no checks for the type of ruling which can be created by GA or Council and executed by board.
  • Current mirrors of repositories are working, and staff is backed up, but it would be better to have an official repository, with permission of Nokia or Microsoft.
  • Mail template to Jaffa needed

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
  • -- new items:
    • Contacting Daphne Won to get administrator rights for a Maemo member to migrate the plugin to v2.0 API and maintain it in the future.
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-04-28 Meeting Minutes

2015-05-09 23:15 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-04-28 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
William McBee (gerbick), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),


Partial: Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide), Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Absent: Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Outages of nokia.com
  • HiFo and MCeV: transfer

Topic (Outages of nokia.com):

Topic (HiFo and MCeV: transfer):


Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
    • Email to Jaffa and Rob about complete transfer of all assets from HiFo to MCeV.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-04-21 Meeting Minutes

2015-04-30 22:29 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-04-21 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),


Partial:
Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Absent: William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Miscellaneous
  • HiFo and MCeV: transfer

Topic (Miscellaneous):

  • Neo900's web-store will hopefully open within one month.
  • Next election will be acid test for PHP code's personal link generation.
  • Glitch within election machine which might be triggered by invalid ballots, or something else...
  • GMail within Modest, GMail vs personal mail server, bookmark syncing across devices and browsers.

Topic (HiFo and MCeV: transfer):

  • Council should write email to Jaffa (nearly the only member of HiFo Board who is currently in USA) and Rob (co-founder of HiFo), to convince them to fill in the required paperwork to transfer from HiFo to MCeV.
  • Required: HiFo's list of donations-expenses over time, something about taxes, and legal transfer of all assets of HiFo to MCeV
  • Oksana could take part in simple time-consuming work, over email...

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
  • -- new items:
    • Email to Jaffa and Rob about complete transfer of all assets from HiFo to MCeV.
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-04-14 Meeting Minutes

2015-04-17 00:01 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-04-14 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),

Rüdiger Schiller (chem|st),

Partial:

Absent: William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • TMO spam
  • gcc for CSSU-Thumb
  • eV: bank account
  • competition prizes

Topic (TMO spam):

  • Humans from Korean online casino created several accounts for spam-bots.
  • chemist closed registration for the time being, since humans can go through any anti-bot protections during registration.
  • akismet post checking filters 80% of legitimate posts.

Topic (gcc for CSSU-Thumb):

  • juiceme would like to help freemangordon with packaging gcc 4.7.2 - what was the problem, what was the compile environment?

Topic (eV: bank account):

  • juiceme's last shipment of bank papers hasn't arrived to chemist, yet.
  • chemist will send a draft to juiceme for court papers.

Topic (competition prizes):

  • juiceme: One thing we might start thinking about, is programming contests.
    It has been fairly long since we had one and and we have some promised donation devices too.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-04-07 Meeting Minutes

2015-04-10 00:16 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-04-07 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),

Rüdiger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Partial:
Falk Stern (warfare/fstern), Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon),

Absent: William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Facebook app
  • eV: bank account
  • auto-builder

Topic (Facebook app):

  • Already fixed. Named administrator gave some information to freemangordon.

Topic (eV: bank account):

  • juiceme's last shipment of papers is still in transit, delayed by Easter holidays.

Topic (auto-builder):

  • The only problem with creating CSSU-thumb target in auto-builder is lack of .deb files for gcc 4.7.2; freemangordon never managed to create a working one.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-03-31 Meeting Minutes

2015-04-07 00:44 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-03-31 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),

Rüdiger Schiller (chem|st), Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

Partial:
Falk Stern (warfare/fstern), Ivaylo Dimitrov (freemangordon),

Absent: William McBee (gerbick), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • eV: bank account and GA

Topic (eV: bank account and GA):

  • juiceme was sent a wad of documents that juiceme signed and sent back to DB in paper format.
  • juiceme sent fiscal statement of MCeV - it's incorporated in the GA meeting minutes which will get published later (the draft is being written by Win7Mac currently; as court-official document, it will need to include real names, for e.V. members at least?).
  • warfare has changed the board alias to juiceme, chem|st and warfare, according to results of GA election of Board.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
  • -- new items:
    • Someone needed to contact Facebook and to gain administrator rights for Nokia N900 Facebook application, so we can enable the new graph Facebook API.
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-03-10 Meeting Minutes

2015-03-17 00:41 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-03-10 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Click to read 996 more words
Categories: council
Oksana Tkachenko

2015-03-03 Meeting Minutes

2015-03-06 05:59 UTC  by  Oksana Tkachenko
0
0

Meeting held 2015-03-03 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:
William McBee (gerbick), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen), Oksana Tkachenko (Oksana/Wikiwide),

Gido Griese (Win7Mac)

Partial: Philippe Coval (RzR),
Rüdiger Schiller (chem|st),

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Election system
  • eV: bank account
  • maemo trademarks

Topic (Election system):

  • MentalistTraceur hasn't looked into the PHP code for elections, yet.
  • juiceme is looking into change in authentication required for personal voting links to work.
  • juiceme: sending mail to just GA is possible with a bit of tweaking. For now, it could be a specific user table containing just the current GA members, to be used as input for the voting engine.
    In the future, a flag in the midgard_users table, to indicate whether the user is GA member or not, would be preferable...
    Chemist will ask merlin1991 (garage admin) about the group options in garage for the MCeV.
  • The modifications can be seen at:
    svn diff https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/maemo_elections@r3 https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/maemo_elections@r4
    Now keep in mind that juiceme *has* *not* *tested* *this* at all, he just wrote it like it *should* work
  • According to BGB (German, English), the only minimum is 1 EU-director.
    According to Bylaws, there should be at least 3 EU-directors (at least 21 years of age, EU residents or citizens).

Topic (eV: bank account):

  • Chemist needs a slot in his schedule free where the bank has actual working hours... the accountant was busy with being off work for all occasions chemist could free up so far - after that we have a bank account for MCeV (Thursday or next week).
  • About donations: MCeV will accept bitcoin as soon as we get it sorted! ;-)
  • We need to pester the US members of Hildon Foundation to do the tax declaration, Win7Mac has had several attempts with no response...
  • Complete history of transactions (donations and expenses) from past to present would be nice...

Topic (maemo trademarks):

  • Maemo Council will publish the announcement about Maemo trademarks registration-renewal on TMO, after chemist is back with a bank account number.
    The announcement will likely be published in the same way as meeting minutes are: at maemo.org, at talk.maemo.org, and at maemo-community mailing list.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
    • The selected Code of Conduct (KDE) still needs to be published on (T)MO.
    • Looking into automatic calculation of election results ...
    • Addition of personal voting link into email template in the DB of election system...
    • Contacting freemangordon and merlin1991 about auto-builder: CSSU-thumb target, GCC versions?
    • Contacting X-Fade, as well as Freenode staff directly, about the GC.
    • Getting maemo trademark registration (everywhere?) renewed (and transferred to MCeV) by the end of February (or within six months since expiry date).
    • archiving Ovi/Nokia store, especially for Harmattan.
  • -- new items:
Categories: council