Planet maemo: category "feed:5c1888b4e2ca0a6afeb71f6631bd8c8a"

hildonfound
Click to read 1333 words
Categories: Meeting Minutes
hildonfound

Board Minutes For Meeting On December 8th, 2012

2012-12-15 06:27 UTC  by  hildonfound
0
0

Apologies for the delay, but there were several logistical aspects that had to be resolved…

Click to read 1084 more words
Categories: Meeting Minutes
hildonfound

The Amazing Maemo Community!

2012-12-13 16:20 UTC  by  hildonfound
0
0

According to Cosimo Kroll (zehjotkah), long-time maemo.org community member and contributor, and Hildon Foundation treasurer, the Maemo Community has stepped up in a serious way, donating more than $1000.00 US in the first 24-hours of the call to support the community.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and dedication to this cause. The Maemo Community is one of the most incredible open source communities around — and, exactly why the Hildon Foundation was formed.

You are the best.

If you haven’t donated yet, please consider it. It is the only way that this community will survive. You may make a contribution (any amount helps) here:

http://hildonfoundation.org/support/

Categories: News
hildonfound

The New Hildon Foundation Website

2012-12-12 17:30 UTC  by  hildonfound
0
0

We’d like to take a minute to unveil the new Hildon Foundation website:

http://hildonfoundation.org

As you’ll see, there is a fairly easy way to donate to the Hildon Foundation and the Maemo Community:

http://hildonfoundation.org/support/

This is the same method that’s being used here on tmo:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1303767

 

Categories: News
hildonfound

Attending:

  • Tim Samoff / timsamoff
  • Iván Gálvez Junquera / ivgalvez (via chat only)
  • Rob Bauer / SD69 (via chat only)
  • Cosimo Kroll (zehjotkah)

Appoint maemo.org administrators (or, if someone steps in):

  • Possibly ask Reggie to take over admin of maemo.org.
    • How much would he charge?
    • Other NDA-restricted info discussed pertaining to transfer and administration of maemo.org infra from Nokia to the community (recorded elsewhere).

Further maemo.org infra:

  • Other NDA-restricted info discussed pertaining to maemo.org infra(recorded elsewhere).

Bank account and fundraising:

  • Cosimo will research banking options for the Board/community.
  • Iván has received an email offering to put ads on maemo.org.
    • It could be a possible solution for TMO if Reggie wants to keep it independent of maemo.org.
  • Cosimo: Opinion that the community should run on donations; so no ads.
    • Others agree: no ads on maemo.org.
  • Will investigate possibility of commercial “sponsors” (preferably OSS companies).
  • Other NDA-restricted info discussed pertaining to community funding (recorded elsewhere).

Foundation website/servers/hosting:

  • We need administrators (volunteers).
  • Still need to get domain from Niel Nielsen (nieldk).
    • This has since been resolved.
  • Some discussion about who should “own” or “hold” the domain name(s) and hosting.
    • Tim will take care of gaining domain and setting up hosting/website in Foundation’s name.
    • Hildonfoundation.org site will point point to maemo.org.
Meeting concluded.
Categories: Meeting Minutes
hildonfound

Board Minutes For Meeting On November 3rd, 2012

2012-11-03 16:10 UTC  by  hildonfound
0
0

Minutes for first Hildon Foundation Board meeting. VoIP meeting held on Google Hangout.

Attending:

  • Randall Arnold / texrat
  • Tim Samoff / timsamoff
  • Ivan Galvez / ivgalvez
  • Robert Bauer/ SD69
  • Craig Woodward (intermittent) / woody14619

Note:

  • Technical Issues persisted via Google Hangout: only Randy, Ivan and Tim had voice capability. Others participated via chat.

Public Meeting Minutes?

  • Tim: Yes
  • Randy: Some private; some public
  • Ivan: Are they required?
  • Rob: n/a
  • Craig: They should be public, with exceptions of criticalinformation/NDA.

Bylaws, version 7:

  • Bylaws unanimously approved by all Board members.

Board Officers:

  • Chair: Randall Arnold
  • Secretary: Robert Bauer
  • Treasurer: Currently, Tim Samoff
    • Proposed to ask Cosimo Kroll/zehjotkah to occupy this role.
  • Cosimo has agreed to take the position and will be appointed at the next Board meeting.)

Bank account?

  • Find out about bank account (ask Niel Nielsen/nieldk).

Meeting schedule:

  • VoiP every two weeks?
  • IRC meetings (Board Business) every two weeks & VoiP meetings(Official Board Meetings) monthly?
  • Will schedule regular meetings on Google Calendar (which will also create a permanent Hangout for the Board).

Transitioning tasks from Council to Board. Separation of current tasks.

  • Ensure Council remains communication conduit for community.
  • Board organizes operational decisions.
  • Board needs an official statement for Board responsibility withcommunity.
    • Ask Craig Woodward about maemo.org channel(s) of Board communication.
  • After the meeting, Ivan asked X-Fade to set up the same mechanism that Council is using for communication. In the meantime, Council account can be used.

Funding activities:

  • Nothing to report at this time.

Private session concerning some NDA-protected issues (recorded elsewhere).

Infrastructure problems:

  • To be discussed via email.
Meeting concluded.
Categories: Meeting Minutes