Planet maemo

madman2k

Creating PyGTK app snaps with snapcraft

2016-07-09 13:45 UTC  by  madman2k
0
0

Snap is a new packaging format introduced by Ubuntu as an successor to dpkg aka debian package. It offers sandboxing and transactional updates and thus is a competitor to the flatpak format and resembles docker images.

Click to read 1138 more words
Categories: Articles
Philip Van Hoof

Composition and aggregation with QObject

2016-07-01 11:38 UTC  by  Philip Van Hoof
0
0

Consider these rather simple relationships between classes

Click to read 1452 more words
Categories: controversial
eekkelund

2016-06-14 Meeting Minutes

2016-06-22 19:27 UTC  by  eekkelund
0
0

Meeting held 2016-06-14 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:reinob, Win7Mac, M4rtinK, eekkelund, pichlo

Partial: chem|st

Absent: juiceme

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Topic Coding Competetion
  • Topic Bitcoins, HTTPS

(Topic Coding Competetion):

  • Council is thinking to reduce categories due to low amount of participants
  • Four categories: Something new, Fixing/updating, Beginner and Whislist

(Topic Bitcoins, HTTPS):

  • chem|st will find legal disclaimer for donations made in BTC
  • Cert is needed for https, Council was discussing about which cert to chooce

Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The next GA meeting should be announced soon.
    • Tax-exempt status
    • Could we make coding competetion happen
  • new items:
    • Find legal disclaimer for Bitcoin donations

Solved Action Items:
  • Ask about tor and https from techstaff
Categories: council
eekkelund

2016-06-07 Meeting Minutes

2016-06-22 19:26 UTC  by  eekkelund
0
0

Meeting held 2016-06-07 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending:reinob, eekkelund, Win7Mac, juiceme, pichlo

Partial:

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Topic Tax-exempt
  • Topic More Coding Competetion discussion

(Topic Tax-exempt):

  • juiceme has application form for Maemo community tax-exempt status
  • Finanical reports for the past 2 years to complete needs to be applied
  • "Being tax-exempt means we're a registered charity."
  • Is there any professional account managers among our community? Council could need little help.

(Topic More Coding Competetion discussion):

  • Discussion about basic tasks regarding Conding Competetion
  • eekkelund promised to think about leading the Coding Competetion

Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The next GA meeting should be announced soon.
    • Ask about tor and https from techstaff
    • Could we make coding competetion happen
  • new items:
    • Tax-exempt status

Solved Action Items:
  • Find out if https is doable (pichlo)
  • Check missing priviledges to the Council blog (juiceme)
Categories: council
eekkelund

2016-05-31 Meeting Minutes

2016-06-07 17:50 UTC  by  eekkelund
0
0

Meeting held 2016-05-31 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: eekkelund, reinob, Win7Mac, juiceme

Partial: pichlo

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Topic Coding competition

(Topic Coding competition):

  • There is thread in TMO
  • Community feedback was quite low when poll was created in last december
  • At least councilors and MC e.V. are willing to fund prizes
  • Prizes could be cash and/or devices(e.g. Raspberry Pi's and donation devices)
  • Making competition to happen means *a lot* of organising and getting people involved in it

Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The next GA meeting should be announced soon.
    • Ask about tor and https from techstaff (reinob)
  • new items:
    • Could we make coding competetion happen

Solved Action Items:
  • Check missing priviledges to the Council blog (juiceme)
  • Find out if https is doable (pichlo)
  • Arrange Council permissions on TMO to new Councillors. (juiceme)
Categories: council
eekkelund

2016-05-24 Meeting Minutes

2016-06-07 17:48 UTC  by  eekkelund
0
0

Meeting held 2016-05-24 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: eekkelund, pichlo, Win7Mac, juiceme, reinob

Partial:

Absent:

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Topic https and tor support for maemo.org
  • Topic Missing priviligies for some councillors

(Topic https and tor support for maemo.org):

  • Feasibility check with techstaff couldn't happen because previous week was busy for councilors
  • chem|st had said that https should be doable
  • https: Possible solutions for https are global redirect(http to https) or a reverse proxy.
  • reinob will ask about https and tor

(Topic Missing priviligies for some councillors):

  • eekkelund can't write Council blog due to the missing priviledges
  • juiceme pinged chem|st on it

Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The next GA meeting should be announced soon.
  • new items:
    • Ask about tor and https from techstaff (reinob)
    • Check missing priviledges to the Council blog (juiceme)

Solved Action Items:
  • Find out if https is doable (pichlo)
  • Arrange Council permissions on TMO to new Councillors. (juiceme)
  • Add new Councillors to the mailing list and remove the old. (juiceme)
  • Get cloaks for new Councillors. (juiceme)
Categories: council
eekkelund

2016-05-17 Meeting Minutes

2016-05-31 19:04 UTC  by  eekkelund
0
0

Meeting held 2016-05-17 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: eekkelund, pichlo, Win7Mac, juiceme, M4rtinK

Partial: chem|st

Absent: reinob

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Topic Tor users being blacklisted, read-only option for blacklisted IPs
  • Full httpS support for maemo.org
  • Spam to garage email
  • Bitcoin

(Topic Tor users being blacklisted, read-only option for blacklisted IPs):

  • There is thread in TMO
  • Council members agreed that maemo.org should have tor access read only
  • If it is doable, should be done with "hidden service"

(Full httpS support for maemo.org):

  • Council members agreed that maemo.org should have full https support
  • pichlo volunteered to find out more

(Spam to garage email):

  • One should harden own filters oneself

(Bitcoin):

  • We should accept bitcoin if it is cheap to accept

Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The next GA meeting should be announced soon.
    • Arrange Council permissions on TMO to new Councillors. (juiceme)
  • new items:
    • Find out if https is doable (pichlo)

Solved Action Items:
  • Add new Councillors to the mailing list and remove the old. (juiceme)
  • Get cloaks for new Councillors. (juiceme)
Categories: council
Alberto Garcia

I/O bursts with QEMU 2.6

2016-05-24 11:47 UTC  by  Alberto Garcia
0
0

QEMU 2.6 was released a few days ago. One new feature that I have been working on is the new way to configure I/O limits in disk drives to allow bursts and increase the responsiveness of the virtual machine. In this post I’ll try to explain how it works.

Click to read 2370 more words
Categories: English
Jussi Ohenoja

2016-05-03 Meeting Minutes

2016-05-08 13:44 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held 2016-05-03 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: eekkelund, reinob, pichlo, Win7Mac, juiceme, Oksana

Partial:

Absent: peterleinchen, HtheB

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

  • Handover meeting for the new Council

(Topic Handover meeting for the new Council):

  • reinob, win7mac and juiceme welcomed the new Council members eekkelund and pichlo.
  • The council considered the weekly meeting day and time, it was decided to keep tuesday as the day and adjust the meeting time to 20:30 CET/CEST.
  • There was some general discussion of IRC as meeting medium and the needed requirements for councillors.
  • The Council voted for new chairman, and eekkelund was chosen by majority vote of 2:3
  • juiceme promised to arrange the Council mailing list change and get cloaks for new councillors.

Action Items:
  • old items:
    • The next GA meeting should be announced soon.
  • new items:
    • Add new Councillors to the mailing list and remove the old. (juiceme)
    • Arrange Council permissions on TMO to new Councillors. (juiceme)
    • Get cloaks for new Councillors. (juiceme)
Categories: council
madman2k

Introducing the OGRE fork on GitHub

2016-05-02 14:38 UTC  by  madman2k
0
0

in this post I want to introduce the OGRE fork on github. The goal of the fork is to provide a stable and reliable OGRE 1.x series while at the same time modernizing parts under the hood updates.

Click to read 1522 more words
Categories: News
Jussi Ohenoja

Dear friends and Maemoans, six months and even a bit more has passed and again it is time to elect a new Community Council for us.

The last election finished on Saturday 13th of September 2015.

The schedule of the voting is as follows:

  • Nomination period starts on next Sunday 27th of March 2016 and continues until 10th of April 2016.
  • Election period starts on Sunday 10th of April 2016 and continues until 17th of April 2016.

To get our community to continue strong, we need fresh people with fresh viewpoints to carry on the torch, so please think about volunteering for Maemo Council.

On behalf of the outgoing community council,

Jussi Ohenoja

Categories: council
Jussi Ohenoja

2015-12-01 Meeting Minutes

2016-01-07 11:18 UTC  by  Jussi Ohenoja
0
0

Meeting held 2015-12-01 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Click to read 1226 more words
Categories: news