Extension of Maemo Council Nomination period

Extension of Maemo Council Nomination period

Craig Woodward

2012-10-09 19:27 UTC
As per a clarification of miscommunication within the Council, I am happy to announce the following:

As Council Chair, I'm declaring Council nominations to be retroactively re-opened until October 28th, and voting will occur for Council from November 2nd through the 8th. I encourage others to consider their own nomination for Council as well.

As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's still in debate at the moment internally. To date no election has been started. I am hopeful that will be clarified soon. Regardless, when there is movement on this topic I will make that information available here as soon as I possibly can.


  •  Reply

Re: Extension of Maemo Council Nomination period

Piotr Jawidzyk
Karma: 965
2012-10-09 20:39 UTC
Is there a decision about extending Board election, too? Wasn't it mean to run election for both bodies + referendum about bylaws, at the same time?

/Estel

On wto 09 paź 2012 21:27:17 CEST, Craig Woodward <woody@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> As per a clarification of miscommunication within the Council, I am
> happy to announce the following:
>
> As Council Chair, I'm declaring Council nominations to be retroactively
> re-opened until October 28th, and voting will occur for Council from
> November 2nd through the 8th. I encourage others to consider their own
> nomination for Council as well.
>
> As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's
> still in debate at the moment internally. To date no election has been
> started. I am hopeful that will be clarified soon. Regardless, when
> there is movement on this topic I will make that information available
> here as soon as I possibly can.
>
>


  •  Reply

Re: Extension of Maemo Council Nomination period

Craig Woodward

2012-10-10 17:09 UTC
> As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's
> still in debate at the moment internally.

The elections *were* to run at the same time. In no event can the Board be delayed by a month, at that would very likely render it unable to do the tasks required in the remaining time. The fact that things are currently in a pending state is in fact distressing to me (and others).

There has never been a decision to have a referendum on the bylaws, despite you continually stating otherwise. The bylaws will be (and must be for legal reasons) approved by the members of the first Board. The bylaws have been in review both here and in the forums for some time, with ample chances to supply input. There have, in fact, been 6 revisions done with community input, and at least a 7th revision still needs to be done to incorporate a few minor changes relating to election rules to clarify issues like the ones we just had.

Many thanks to those who have commented and continue to improve on them.

-Craig

---- "twilight312@gmail.com" <twilight312@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Is there a decision about extending Board election, too? Wasn't it mean to run election for both bodies + referendum about bylaws, at the same time?

/Estel

On wto 09 paź 2012 21:27:17 CEST, Craig Woodward <woody@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> As per a clarification of miscommunication within the Council, I am
> happy to announce the following:
>
> As Council Chair, I'm declaring Council nominations to be retroactively
> re-opened until October 28th, and voting will occur for Council from
> November 2nd through the 8th. I encourage others to consider their own
> nomination for Council as well.
>
> As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's
> still in debate at the moment internally. To date no election has been
> started. I am hopeful that will be clarified soon. Regardless, when
> there is movement on this topic I will make that information available
> here as soon as I possibly can.
>
>


  •  Reply

Re: Extension of Maemo Council Nomination period

Piotr Jawidzyk
Karma: 965
2012-10-11 12:45 UTC
Thanks for clarification. As regular Maemo user, I had impression, that there was consensus, about Council will to ask for Community approval of proposed, final version of bylaws (via referendum).

I acknowledged, that it's going to be otherwise.

/Estel

On śro 10 paź 2012 19:09:27 CEST, Craig Woodward <woody@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>
> > As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's
> > still in debate at the moment internally.
>
> The elections *were* to run at the same time.  In no event can the Board
> be delayed by a month, at that would very likely render it unable to do
> the tasks required in the remaining time.  The fact that things are
> currently in a pending state is in fact distressing to me (and others).
>
> There has never been a decision to have a referendum on the bylaws,
> despite you continually stating otherwise.  The bylaws will be (and must
> be for legal reasons) approved by the members of the first Board.  The
> bylaws have been in review both here and in the forums for some time,
> with ample chances to supply input.  There have, in fact, been 6
> revisions done with community input, and at least a 7th revision still
> needs to be done to incorporate a few minor changes relating to election
> rules to clarify issues like the ones we just had.
>
> Many thanks to those who have commented and continue to improve on them.
>
> -Craig
>
> ---- "twilight312@gmail.com" <twilight312@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> =============
> Is there a decision about extending Board election, too? Wasn't it mean
> to run election for both bodies + referendum about bylaws, at the same
> time?
>
> /Estel
>
> On wto 09 paź 2012 21:27:17 CEST, Craig Woodward
> <woody@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > As per a clarification of miscommunication within the Council, I am
> > happy to announce the following:
> >
> > As Council Chair, I'm declaring Council nominations to be retroactively
> > re-opened until October 28th, and voting will occur for Council from
> > November 2nd through the 8th. I encourage others to consider their own
> > nomination for Council as well.
> >
> > As for a decision on the process going forward with the Board, that's
> > still in debate at the moment internally. To date no election has been
> > started. I am hopeful that will be clarified soon. Regardless, when
> > there is movement on this topic I will make that information available
> > here as soon as I possibly can.
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > maemo-community mailing list
> > maemo-community@maemo.org
> > https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community
>
>


  •  Reply