Conference: November, Dublin - registration open and time running out for papers

2010-08-16 23:22 UTC by Andrew Flegg

With the merger of Moblin (Intel) and Maemo (Nokia) to form MeeGo, a single MeeGo conference is being held in Dublin, November 15th-17th (Monday-Wednesday, inclusive). This replaces the Maemo Summit which was held so successfully in 2008 (Berlin) and 2009 (Amsterdam).

Westergas.png

"I want to speak!"

There is just one week left to submit your session proposal. Apart from these main sessions & keynotes, there will also be lightning talk slots opened up shortly. However, if you want to give a full-blown talk or run a bird-of-a-feather (BoF) session you must submit your proposal before August 23rd (even if you work for Intel, Nokia, the Linux Foundation, maemo.org, meego.com, ...). [EDIT: BoFs should be submitted now too!]

"I want to go..."

Members of the Maemo community who want to learn more about MeeGo, see it on N900s and netbooks, or even promote their latest Maemo hacks are encouraged to register.

"...but I can't afford it"

As with the Maemo Summits, a number of sponsorship places are available. When registering tick the checkbox for Travel Assistance. If selected (by a panel from the Linux Foundation, and the MeeGo, Moblin and Maemo communities), travel (air fare) and accomodation (at the D4) will be paid for.

If you have requested sponsorship, you should not book any plane tickets, but you should book yourself into the hotel.

"Where should I stay?"

The conference organisers have booked 530 rooms at the D4 hotel, which has a couple of properties within easy walking distance of the venue; and still close to the Dublin city centre. It is requested that people stay there, until all the rooms are booked.

The prices (including breakfast), are at a special rate for the conference:

• €105 per room, per night for a single
  • €115 per room, per night for a double
  • €115 per room, per night for a twin

"I have other questions!"

Questions should be directed to the MeeGo Community Forum, where you can log in with your maemo.org OpenID and password.

Comments:

There have been no comments so far.

Comments:

You must be logged in to make comments.

Back