Community Council Meeting (July 6th)

2012-07-09 17:38 UTC by Ivan Galvez Junquera

Council minutes for meeting on July 6th, 2012

Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Estel, SD69, NielDK, ivgalvez

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

1 - New chairman election
2 - Establishing legal entity US/EU
3 - Community funding
4 - X-Fade leaving Maemo related activities
5 - Anything else
Topic 1 (New chairman election)
ivgalvez will act as today's chairman in substitution of Estel for this meeting.

As per ivgalvez's suggestion, Woody14619, is proposed as new chairman from now on. All votes unanimously agree.

Topic 2 (Establishing legal entity US/EU)
Draft document for establishing a legal entity (not affiliated with Nokia) is discussed. This document, prepared by SD69, will be shared with the community for feedback once it receives a few modifications.
Points commented:
- Legal entity name to avoid Maemo trademark (possible legal issues).
Hildon Foundation will be used as legal entity name.
- Discussion around mission statement, boar of legal entity, meetings rate.
- It's proposed to use current voting system to elect first board of directors for legal entity.

Topic 3 (Community funding).
Will be on held until legal entity launch, to avoid legal issues/taxes.

Topic 4 (X-Fade leaving Maemo related activities)
Considering the lack of availability of X-Fade during upcoming months and the importance of his remaining time in activities such as COBS, Council will ask for as much administrator rights as possible, to start the creation of working groups that would help him (or even substitute him if possible) in current maintenance of Maemo related services. Having those working groups would also help to ease the migration to the new infrastructure.
Topic 5 (Other issues)
Current shipping of CA devices seems to be ongoing, despite some problems. According to qgil, this shouldn't be a problem.

Action Items:

all: comment by email on document to form legal entity.
SD69: refine documment with councellors feedback
ivgalvez: contact X-Fade to ask about possibility to obtain any administrative rights on services  until migration
ivgalvez: prepare minutes from meeting


There have been no comments so far.


You must be logged in to make comments.