HowToSyncGPE770withLinux

How to sync GPE Pim with Linux

For what I've been told this is still in heavy development.

This HowTo tries to simply add different pieces together. Hope someone helps improving it:

Steps:

a. Install GPE Pim over the Nokia 770 (you'll find info about it in the ApplicationCatalog). a. InstallSsh on the Nokia 770. a. Copy http://dominion.kabel.utwente.nl/koen/maemo/gpesyncd to your Documents directory on the Handheld. a. Move it to /var/lib/install/usr/bin/ (cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/gpesyncd /var/lib/install/usr/bin/) a. Gain root privileges to the server and make ssh server executable by root and auto start it. a. With root privileges make the following symlinks:

ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libgpevtype.so.0 /usr/lib/libgpevtype.so.0
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libmimedir-0.3.so.0 /usr/lib/libmimedir-0.2.so.0  
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0 /usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0.8.6  /usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0.8.6
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libeventdb.so.0  /usr/lib/libeventdb.so.0
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libeventdb.so.0.0.0   /usr/lib/libeventdb.so.0.0.0
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libgpewidget.so.1   /usr/lib/libgpewidget.so.1
ln -s /var/lib/install/usr/lib/libgpewidget.so.1.0.0    /usr/lib/libgpewidget.so.1.0.0

g. Use this link's info to compile opensync from scratch. You'll find the multisync gui into the multisync gui folder. If you find problems compiling you surely need some devel packages to install.

h. Use this link's info to compile the GPE multisync Plugin and to add it to your multisync installation. Then, you will find informations to use in order to make a sync between the N770 and your computer.

1 . Are symlinks necessary with an appropriate LD_LIBRARY_PATH? add "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/install/usr/lib" to your ~/.profile and the synlinks should not be needed.

2 . What "link's info to compile opensync from scratch"? I believe opensync is to be installed on a linux desktop/server system, so I'd assume the official opensync docs would suffice.