8. Programming
    1. JamVM/Classpath/Jikes
    2. Ruby
    3. Squeak Smalltalk
  9. Office Applications
    1. hchmview is an HTML Help (CHM) viewer
  10. PIM
    1. Opensync
    2. However, a GUI for configuration, with integration with the Maemo phone database, is needed before it can be called user-ready.

Applications that are not ready for end users can be listed here.

Note for developers: please try to use one of the sections listed in UserSections in the Section field of your debian/control file.

MoinMoinWiki Macro: TableOfContents

Statusbar and home applets

Bluetooth Plugin

First attempt at porting the Bluetooth Keyboard and GPS plugin. Usable but there are known issues.

Before installing give a look at https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=663

Also see the Maemo garage project page at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo-bt-plugin/

Maemo Weather

Port of the GWeather applet from gnome-applets. Provides a home-page applet along with a full application that provides details and preferences.

Does not autoconnect to the network. Work is still ongoing on features and fine-tuning the appearance.

Serious bug: mweather home applet very often causes the desktop process to crash during boot time, causing a reboot loop. Every now and then it boots successfully. (FWIW I tried to cause successfull boots by e.g. plugging in the USB cable or by repeatedly pressing random hardware keys; I'm not sure if these had any effect). Booting until after the desktop crashes, then pluging in the charging cable, "powering off" (which actually just suspends the 770) and powering back on may caused the applet crash not to take down the whole desktop which will allow you to uninstall it.

Cosy Bookmarks

GUI networking applications

MaemoFTP

MaemoFTP is a graphical FTP client that is ported from guiftp. The 0.1-3 version is a bugfix release. It doesn't add new features, but fixes a bunch of found problems and annoyances. See the home page for more information on the software and the status of it.

Infotrope Telomer

A less-than-full featured email client. Can read IMAP mailboxes as big as you like, very efficiently. Uses Polymer's internal library, giving you full Lemonade support, see http://www.lemonadeformobiles.com/

VPN Client

Games

Gnuboy-sdl

pyGnuboy

It's a front-end for gnuboy. It can open a rom, starts and stop a game. In future this will be able to change the preferences.

UFO2000

UFO2000 is a turn based tactical squad simulation game with multiplayer support. Uses Allegro library. Work in progress

Goban 770

N770 native sgf editor for go-files. Version 0.3.6 works fine for most purposes it is made for. Tournament game recording use havn't yet concentrated on and no possibility to play against real-time go server. Thanks to beta testers suggestions features for self study of go are quite extensive. Works decently with dragon go server. Because of 2006 edition bug downloding sgf-files is a bit tricky.

OpenTTD

OpenTTD is a clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features.

Graphic data files from original game are REQUIRED.

Toggle Game

Toggle Game is a simple logical game written by Jakub Travnik specially for Nokia 770. You have toggles which switche between red and green color. There are also connections between toggles. When you click on toggle it changes color and also directly connected toggles change their color from red to green or back. Goal is to change them all to green.

Shisen Sho

This Shisen Sho game is a reimplementation of classic Shisen Sho game now specially for Nokia 770 made by Jakub Travnik. You have to remove tiles from the desk. Tiles are similar to Mah Jongg game. Tiles can be removed in pair when the pair can be connected by at most three lines. Lines can be only vertical and horizontal and cannot cover other tiles. The faster you clear the desk, the better.

You can choose classic, hard to recognize, tiles or modern tiles which were designed to be easily recognized.

Rmaze

A clone of the very old MegaMaze game (for the even older CD-i). Features balls rolling around maze levels, trying to get to the exit without hitting the 'evil balls', falling down pits, getting hit by the laser cannons, hitting mines, and so on.

Being developed in Python, and specifically with the 770/N800? in mind; first release will be soon. Screenshots to follow.

Internet and Networking

PPTP Client

ed2k-gtk-gui

• Port Author: josef radinger cheese@nosuchhost.net MoinMoinWiki Macro: AT

I still had no time to package and release that. Will be available at http://www.nosuchhost.net/~cheese/770/

Command line tools

tcsh

• Version: 6.14.00
  • Port Author: Romain Wisniewski yodzeb@gmail.com
  • Status: Seems to be working, need more testers and feedback.
  • Port Download: http://wiro.fr/tcsh_6.14.00_armel.deb
  • Repository: (n/a)
  • Distribution: (n/a)
  • Component: (n/a)
  • Comments: My first cross-compilation ;), open to any suggestions. Hope it will be usefull.

tcpdump

dump traffic on a network

You can get it from here: http://cjfsg.utcluj.ro/maemo2/tcpdump/ .

Copy it to you n700, cd to that directory become root, ./tcpdump arg... you're there. Please report problems at adi()net_utcluj_ro

It is just a dirty binary... no package, no nothing. It just shows that libpcap is running without problems on n770. Hope that someone will port kismet or create a light sniffer for n770. This is work in progress....

UPDATE

I just package it from original Debian Source, and it seems to work * Depends: http://wiro.fr/libpcap0.7_0.7.2-7_armel.deb * Port Download: http://wiro.fr/tcpdump_3.9.4_armel.deb * Repository: (n/a) * Distribution: (n/a) * Component: (n/a) * Contact: Romain Wisniewski yodzeb@gmail.com * Status: Working for me ;)

Bash 3.1

This is a binary only. I do not yet know how to make .debs :) copy it to /bin and chmod a+x it. Can someone package it and remove this message like they did for links please? thanks

CoreUtils

This is a quick build of Gnu coreutils. I did it to get md5sum which I needed for airodump-ng. It is just a zipfile of binaries. Install at your own risk!

gnupg

Full version of gnupg.

Multimedia Applications

Mirasulo

A simple oldschool MP3 player, combined with streamripper (see Homepage) for recording

Accesories

EasyChem

Easychem is a program designed to draw chemical molecules. Export in .fig and .eps Not hildonized yet. Some dialogues are seen badly.

Chemtool

Chemtool is a GTK+ based 2D chemical structure editor. Not hildonized yet. Some dialogues are seen badly.

Winzig

• Home Page: http://muth.org/Robert/Winzig/
  • Version: 1.76
  • Port Download: (n/a)
  • Repository: (n/a)
  • Distribution: (n/a)
  • Component: (n/a)
  • Port Contact: (n/a)
  • Screenshot: (n/a)

Winzig is a python/GTK+ based PIM shell, including: address book, todo list, calendar, journal/diary, dictionary, etc.

Canoe

Canoe is a lightweight filemanager written in C and using GTK+.

Installation instructions: 1) untar the ball to /media/mmc1 2) chdir to /media/mmc1/canoe 3) sudo gainroot && sh maemo-install.sh

This is a preliminary version, icon themes are stores in MMC1, but maybe in the future I'll drop these icon themes into a right path and skipping unused themes. Debian packaging will be done soon.

SciTE

SciTE - A text and source code editor with lots of features. Partly hildonized.

Programming

JamVM/Classpath/Jikes

JamVM is a (rather slow) Java interpreter-type VM. That said, it works, and has GUI support.

On hold until the Mika implementation is released and evaluated.

Just as with OS2005, I suspect the following bugs exist with the GTK peer: - Crash when creating JFrame's (however adding JComponents to a Frame works) - Frames are not displayed in the "taskbar" (relatively easy to fix) - Many AWT components don't work - Invalidated (by Maemo-menus) regions aren't updated.

Ruby

Squeak Smalltalk

Office Applications

hchmview is an HTML Help (CHM) viewer

PIM

Opensync

Opensync is a PIM synchronisation suite. The port includes the Opensync framework, the msynctool command line tool, and the file, GPE and SyncML plugins. Synchronisation between files, GPE and mobile phones accessed using SyncML over bluetooth have been tested.

However, a GUI for configuration, with integration with the Maemo phone database, is needed before it can be called user-ready.

CategoryProgrammingLanguage