NonSoftwareRelatedRequests

1. Requests that don't really fit anywhere else
    1. Implement a Coherent Recycling Strategy for all Nokia Maemo Devices.

Requests that don't really fit anywhere else

(Is there are better place to put these?)

• Can we please get the 770 in Canada? Why was it neglected? Contacting customer support in Canada just yields a boilerplate response: "We can't tell you anything about if/when we are releasing products in Canada". Can someone with some influence do something?

** Russia also remains offended. As it turned out from the e-mail from Russian clubnokia support: "Nokia 770 Internet Tablet will never be in stock in Russia". Can anyone help?

• The 771 or however the next version of the device is called should have battery-leds (maybe at the top-right corner?). that way the the display could be switched off when loading the battery.

• To recharge battery from the USB port while it is connected to the Computer. Like the Ipod or some Ipaq's.

• Add a little hole in the cover, so we can still listen music when it's in the cover. (the blach thing, not the grey one (in plastic or metal)

• A small inexpensive camera (1m pixel is fine) that can be turned to either face the user for video VoIP, turned the other way to take holiday snaps and be able to send back home, or even turned out sideways so the device could perhaps be stacked on a bookshelf and send you an email if it detects movement in the room.

DOCKING STATION HW FOR FUTURE HW MODELS Also, perhaps a docking station developed by Nokia for future models might be a boon for the end-users. A cradle that my 770 does not fall out of, if I press a hardware key.
With the ability to plug a charger into the cradle so that I can charge the device without the power cable sticking out inconveniently downwards and having to bend it and risk damaging it.

• Possibly an integrated GPS receiver? I've had many cool ideas that combine GPS and wifi

• I'd like the stereo headphones plug to support a mic as well, allowing me to use a mic other than the built-in. (ever tried to use google talk in the rain? A headset fits under my hat. )

Implement a Coherent Recycling Strategy for all Nokia Maemo Devices.

• Per country strategy
  • Centralized collection point ?
  • Offer discounts on an upgrade for returned hardware
  • Look for socially engaged organizations as recycling partners for example http://oxossi.metareciclagem.org/moin/BricolabsNet
  • Let's begin talking !