Free & Open Source license
eSpeak GUI Client
- Changes in version 0.3-1 (2010-07-05):
- Fixed the issue where the input cursor always moved to the end after text pasting.
- Changes in version 0.3 (2010-06-24):
- Use PannableArea instead of ScrolledWindow as TextView's container for better finger-friendliness.
- Support pasting text at cursor insertion point.
- Support pasting text as to replace the currently selected text.
- Display localized application name in the application icon according to current system language.
- Add transparency to Restore button.
- Main Features
- A Hildon/Gtk+ GUI client written in Python for eSpeak, the open source command-line text-to-speech tool.
- Selection of 49 languages, including voice packs that are still in experimental status (default English)
- Amplitude (0 to 199, default 100) adjustment.
- Pitch (0 to 99, default 50) adjustment.
- Speed (words per minute, 80-390, default 170) adjustment.
- Word Gap (in milliseconds, 0-20, default 10) adjustment.
- Opening a text file and loading its contents to the text box for editing and speaking.
- Direct pasting text contents to the text box for editing and speaking (no need to press Ctrl-V)
- One-click-clearing text contents of the text box
- Saving the speech to a .Wav file.
- Speak multiple sentences simultaneously
- Stop speaking at any time
- Toggling between Full Screen / Window mode.
- Portrait Mode Support (experimental).
- Saving the language/amplitude/pitch/speed/word gap selection when program exits, and loads them back when program launches automatically.
- Supports multi-language user interfaces based on the Device Language selected.
- Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Cantonese and English UIs will be provided initially
Updated 2010-09-10 12:30 UTC